Reunion/Separation

The both of them found themselves in a rather expensive restaurant that Guang was abashed of, but which Sui was insistent on because of their kung pao chicken's reputation. At first Guang convinced himself that it couldn't be helped since it was Sui's decision, but after being escorted to a private room and being treated with extraordinary service, Guang felt more and more embarrassed of himself.

As the waitress bowed and left at Sui's request for privacy, Guang nervously laughed. He wasn't even sure if he should eat the kung pao chicken before him, as alluring as its smell was. What if this cost as much as his kidney?

Leaning forwards, Guang whispered uneasily, "S-Sui, are you really sure about this?"

"Hm?" Unfazed, as if he was used to being in such a lavish establishment, Sui poured tea for himself and Guang. At a terrible timing, Guang's stomach gave another loud growl.

"Spending so much on me, I mean," Guang explained, slightly ashamed of himself for letting this happen. "I'm just a stranger to you. Why would you do this for me?"

Sui paused halfway through pouring his tea. Mysterious ocean blue eyes fixed on him, shimmering with a thousand words unspoken. Guang held his breath, ready for Sui's answer, but Sui had ultimately closed his eyes in resignation. Disappointed, Guang lowered his head, but a clink made him look up.

Sui had placed a glass full of piping hot tea to him, nodding. With a halfhearted grin, Guang accepted it and started digging in his meal. A minute of silence passed, filled with only the clinking of cutlery and the muffled chattering of the customers outside the room.

"Guang."

In his haste to reply, Guang nearly choked on his food. After coughing several times, he croaked much like a dying frog, "Yes?"

With an awkward, pained expression, Sui said, "You asked me why I'm doing this for you."

Guang too noticed how Sui had clenched his fists. Oh. Was this perhaps something hard for him to talk about? He didn't like seeing that expression on Sui's face. If it was hurting Sui that much just to answer...

"It's OK, you don't have to say it," Guang sighed. Sui appeared surprised, but Guang smiled in reassurance. "In exchange for today, though, I owe you one! So if there's something I can help with, or if you're in trouble, let me know!"

Bringing a fist up to his lips and leaning forwards, Sui started shaking. At first Guang thought something was wrong with Sui, but-

"Pft...hahaha."

Was...was Sui laughing at him? Guang was about to give an indignant cry, but seeing how happy Sui was, laughing freely, Guang held back his tongue. Compared to the look Sui had just now, it was much better this way.

After that, things were easier between them. Between mouthfuls of kung pao chicken and rice, Guang told Sui about his situation.

"I've only just woken up yesterday with no memory," Guang stated proudly.

Quirking an eyebrow, Sui asked, "Is that so?"

Nodding, Guang stuffed another piece of chicken into his mouth. "Yeah yeah. Apparently I was in a major accident or something, hit my head, lost my memories. I was supposed to go home today, but everyone sucks, so-"

Ah, should he be telling Sui that he ran away from home? Sui might change his opinion of him if he found out that Guang had committed such a misdeed.

However, before Guang could change topic, Sui continued nonchalantly, "You ran away from home, didn't you?"

Crap. Caught red-handed, huh.

Rubbing the back of his head, Guang nervously chuckled, "Haha...ha...yeah, you got me there. But listen, they were bad people! Forcing those tight, fancy clothes on me that I don't even like and- and bringing me to a home I don't even remember, and-"