Let's Play Ball!

Was Guang really sure about seeing this through? The ball that he was holding was a hazard because of its heaviness, so logically speaking, he should try to convince the child to do something else. On the other hand, the child seemed to be able to carry the ball this entire time with no problem. Although, that doesn't mean that the child will be able to throw it.

Rather than trying to change the child's mind, Guang decided to let the child attempt to throw the ball. When he fails to, Guang will use that as an excuse to play another game. How strong can a child be, after all? Carefully, Guang passed the ball to the boy, who took it like it weighed nothing.

"Wait here, mister!" the boy ordered.

The boy ran back to his position. Turning to Guang, he lifted the ball above his head. "Can you see me, mister?"

Guang resisted the urge to run over in a frenzy. Holding the ball in such a precarious place - if the ball slipped, it might just crush his skull. However, the boy appeared fine. He doesn't seem to be straining to hold up the ball. He should be fine.

"Yes, I can see you!" Guang shouted. A sense of unease was growing in his stomach. Was this really OK?

The boy nodded. Placing the ball against his chest with both his hands, the boy explained, "It's very easy! You put the ball here and throw it forwards, like this!"

With a whooshing blast, the ball was launched towards Guang at the speed of a missile. Guang literally felt what one would describe as a fight-or-flight reaction. To think that his own body would perceive a ball thrown by a child as a threat!

Guang caught the ball with his bare hands and was nearly thrown off his feet. This boy - he was crazily powerful! What superhuman strength does this boy have? Guang had totally underestimated this child! Luckily, in his Blazing Mania form, he managed to properly catch the ball after skidding a few inches back. It took so much effort that he was left heaving and sweating.

Oblivious to his turmoil, the child looked elated as he cheered and clapped. "That was so amazing, mister! You went like whoosh, and then like bam! You were so cool!"

"R-really?" Guang doubted he appeared as cool as the boy made it, but he seemed happy, so Guang wasn't going to complain.

"Really! Now you try throwing the ball, mister! Like how I did earlier!"

Guang wasn't sure how much strength he should be putting behind his throw. On one hand, it was certain that the child had extraordinary strength - so much that he may even be stronger than Guang. As much as Guang didn't like to admit it, he was actually nearly overpowered by a mere child. Even so, the reality was that he was still facing a child. Even if the boy could launch a powerful blow, it doesn't mean he can actually withstand one.

Guang tossed the ball in between his hands, properly gauging its weight. Alright. He'll go for a throw that is sufficient to reach the boy and nothing more than that. Placing the ball on his chest, just like how the boy did earlier, Guang asked, "Are you ready?"

The boy nodded, digging both of his feet into the floor. "Yes!"

"Here goes!"

From the get-go, it was obvious that Guang's throw did not hold as much impact as the boy's. The boy seemed to have noticed it too. With one hand, the boy caught the ball, a deep frown on his face.

"Mister, you're not taking this seriously!" he pouted.

Guang nervously laughed, but at least this meant that the boy could withstand an impact of that calibre. "I was only warming up! The next one won't be so easy."