The Dragon Tattoo

Apparently, Guang had stumbled onto the first floor of Twilight Tower. Along the way back to their hotel, Jin explained that it was called the Information Trading Centre, where people can get special information from intelligence officers in exchange for something. It was purposely made like a bar - a place of entertainment - to coax people into providing more than necessary in exchange for the information they seek. Guang was affronted at the Ministry of Intelligence utilising such underhanded tactics, but considering that they literally committed arson and murder for such ridiculous reasons, it wasn't too far of a fetch.

The topic of their conversation with the intelligence officers, Lawrence and Jeff, were still swirling in Guang's mind. With one look, it was obvious that Guang had many questions he wanted to ask Jin. However, with the topic being quite delicate, Jin had insisted they talk in their hotel room.

The moment the door closed behind them, it was like a dam broke, and Jin was instantly bombarded with a barrage of incomprehensible questions. Clicking his tongue, Jin too exploded, yelling back at Guang, "Sit down and think properly on what you want to ask!"

Which got Guang to zip it, a moment of respite. Jin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "For Hero's sake. Can't you at least ask one question at a time so that I can answer it?"

Guang appeared at a loss for words after Jin's sudden outburst. Too occupied he was with his own thoughts that he had not considered how it would feel like to be on the other end of the stick. He had been trying to hold in all his thoughts, but without an output, it was like a balloon growing bigger and bigger until it finally popped.

Jin's yelling gave him a reality check. Sheepishly, Guang said, "Sorry."

Exasperatedly, Jin waved his hand. Sitting down on a chair, he asked, "So, have you sorted out your thoughts?"

Guang cleared his throat. He sat on his own bed, facing Jin. "Yes. So, um...you weren't there earlier in the conversation, but the two men there, Lawrence and Jeff - they claimed to be intelligence officers. They said that-"

"Our family was brought to ruin by the Ministry of Intelligence?"

So Jin remembered. Glumly, Guang nodded. Jin leaned back, crossing his arms.

"Are you really believing the nonsense they're spouting? Even if they are intelligence officers, you were there that day. I was there that day. Have you forgotten?"

Oh, right, Jin was there too. That day, his parents were throwing a celebratory feast for Jin's return, so Jin must have been at the manor when the incident began. However, just to be sure...

"Jin, were you there when the fire started?"

"I was," Jin affirmed. Clenching his fists, he continued, "It was the Demon King. He came out of nowhere and set the manor on fire. Father and mother were the closest to him, so they..."

"It's OK, I get it," Guang interrupted reassuringly. Jin's voice was starting to tremble, so Guang didn't want to push him any further, not when he already got the answer he needed. Being such a hard topic, the both of them never really discussed it. Guang didn't want to see Jin saddened, so he avoided bringing it up too.

Despite trusting his brother's words, Guang couldn't picture Sui doing such a deed. Burning the manor down and killing innocent people without reason - it portrayed him like a villain beyond Guang's recognition.

His uncertainty must have shown on his face, for Jin said reluctantly, "I know that you hold the Demon King in high regard, and that it must be hard to imagine, but what I'm telling you is the truth. I saw it that day, Guang. You trust me, right?"

Offended that Jin would ever ask that sort of question, Guang asserted, "Of course I trust you! You're always by my side and helping my dumb ass out of stupid situations. If I can't trust you, who else can I trust?"

Jin huffed. "At least you're aware of your stupidity."

Guang was about to start barking when he noticed Jin's ears turning red and that Jin was avoiding eye contact. Trying to play it cool to hide his embarrassment - his brother was so adorable!

In a more serious tone, Jin said, "Anyways, whatever the intelligence officers said, it's nonsense. They're just pulling your leg."

"I got it, I got it," Guang chuckled.

"It is a Long family custom to have a dragon tattooed to the back of their neck. When you showed your neck earlier, there was nothing of the sort."

Guang paused. Jin wasn't there to hear that part of the conversation. Even if Lawrence was lying about the Dragon Manor incident, what about the Long family tradition? Was that a lie as well, or was it the truth? Guang remembered that Lawrence and Jeff referred to Jin as the last surviving Long, completely brushing aside Guang's connection to the Long family. If so...

He opened his mouth, wanting to ask Jin, but hesitated.

Was that really the right move? Jin would undoubtedly insist that Guang was a Long. Guang didn't want Jin to know he was suspecting his own connection with his family. If Guang really wasn't Jin's older brother, it would surely be harsh on not just Guang, but Jin as well.

He knew he shouldn't be mulling too much over Lawrence's words, considering that he had joked about an incident as serious as the Dragon Manor incident. There shouldn't be a dragon tattoo on Jin's neck. Even if there is, it doesn't prove that Guang, who doesn't have one, isn't a Long. Guang himself knew he was raised by the Long family - what more proof does he need?

But still...it wouldn't hurt to check, right?

Jin frowned. "What's with that stare?"

Guang had a plan, but to do this, he only had one shot. Once Jin's alertness is raised, there won't be a second chance. Abruptly, Guang got up and circled behind Jin. Jin twisted around in his seat, suspicion written all over his face. "What are you doing?"

Wordlessly, Guang adjusted Jin's head so that he was facing the front again. Here goes nothing! Swift like the wind, he slapped aside Jin's hair.

Jin instantly stood up, a hand flying to cover the back of his neck. He seemed shocked, affronted, as if Guang had just licked him.

"What are you doing?" Jin demanded, voice edging on panic.

Guang raised both of his hands in surrender. "I just wanted to help tie up your hair."

"Why?"

"Because you look...hot."

The moment the words were out of his mouth, Guang cringed. Hot. Really? In Notitia City, that was shrouded in mist?

Meanwhile, Jin had backed up, putting distance in between him and Guang. His expression spelled disgust, looking at Guang as if he was a mushy roach he had stepped on.

"I'm using the bathroom. You are forbidden from coming in," Jin hissed across the room. "When I'm done, I'm going to give you a good scolding!"

Loudly, he slammed the bathroom door behind him, leaving a bewildered Guang behind. Just what was that? However, before he could let his guard down, the door slammed open again, making Guang jump in fright. Scowling, Jin pointed at him. "And reflect on your words!"

With another slam, he closed the door behind him. Huh. Did he say something weird?

Shrugging, Guang crashed on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. Thoughtlessly, he touched the nape of his neck.

It was just a glimpse, but it was there. On the nape of Jin's neck, there was a black blotch that resembled a dragon's head.