The Black Lotus

Despite there being no clear, visible threat in the present situation, Guang's instincts were screaming at him to run from this lady. He tried to pull his arm away, but found that he couldn't budge. He blanched. No way. Was this lady stronger than him?

The lady smirked. With a tug that could have snapped off his arm, the world spun, and Guang found himself falling back onto the bench and his head lying down on something soft.

Wait. He was familiar with this feeling. He was lying down on the lady's lap!

Guang immediately leaped onto his feet and jumped away from the lady, getting into a fighting stance. To be lying down on a stranger's lap - a lady's one at that - was absolutely immodest of him. Words could not express the disgust he felt at himself, but other than that, he felt an underlying threatening sensation from the lady. Who was she? She appeared out of nowhere, bested him in strength and embarrassed him all within a span of a minute.

The lady giggled, covering her face with her hand. "I'm not going to bite. Come, sit and talk with me."

Guang had no reason to comply with the lady's request. She was a stranger, she was weird and she was uncannily powerful. The best course of action for Guang was to turn around, dash away, and forget about his interaction with this lady.

He took a step back, preparing to sprint in the opposite direction, but it seems the lady was one step ahead of him.

"I heard you're looking for the Black Lotus," she said amusedly. "If you would care to spare a few minutes, I can share what I know about them."

Instantly, Guang was seated beside the lady.

Was this a stupid decision? Yes. Is he an idiot? Yes. But it frustrated Guang to no end when he was doing nothing while Jin did all the work. With such a rare opportunity dangling before his eyes, it was practically begging Guang to seize it, and seize it he did.

In all seriousness, Guang stated, "I'm listening."

Satisfied, the lady smiled. "I'll first introduce myself. My name is Yuehua."

"Ms. Yuehua," Guang repeated. "I'm Guang."

"Guang, meaning light," Yuehua hummed, caressing her cheek. "A very interesting name."

"Besides that," Guang interrupted. "What do you know of Black Lotus?"

Yuehua tutted disapprovingly, wiggling her index finger left and right. "You tell me what you know first, Mr. Guang."

Guang's eye involuntarily twitched. This lady...is somehow pressing all of his buttons. But if Guang wanted more information, he had to play along with Yuehua.

As calmly as possible, Guang explained, "They're an organisation from Naylen. They have four elites named the Four Noble Truths. They've stolen the ruby in Sol Invictus to support Sui- I mean, the reincarnated demon king, and help him destroy the world."

Yuehua covered her mouth, seemingly deep in thought. "Hmm is that all?"

"Yeah...hey! Are you getting information out of me? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?"

Nonchalantly, Yuehua waved her hand. "Consider it an exchange of information."

Crossing his arms, Guang lifted his chin up in an attempt to look more bossy. "Well, it's your turn now."

Almost mischievously, Yuehua grinned. "A deal's a deal. I can say that for the most part, what you've mentioned is true. As for what I can tell you...if you seek Master Sui, the ah, so-called 'demon king', he is everywhere yet nowhere at the same time."