Whodunit?

Guang saw it again. This time, he was sure: it was that little boy he had met yesterday! He wanted to call out to him, but then he realised he didn't know the boy's name. With no choice, Guang struggled and pushed his way through the crowd, yelling, "Little one! Green boy! Wait!"

As if deaf to his calls, the little boy spared him no glance and continued weaving his way through the crowd. Whenever Guang thought he had lost him, he would appear at the edge of his view, skipping off without a care in the world. It was like he was teasing Guang, testing Guang's persistence. Even so, Guang continued pursuing the boy. The game of tag continued on and on until Guang noticed the surroundings becoming more familiar.

A circular hall lined with busy counters, a large, crystal chandelier hanging from above. This was the place he was looking for! So surprised he was that he stopped in his tracks, mouth hanging open like a fool. Was it possible that the little boy had intended to guide him here?

He shook his head, snapping out of it. He had a mission coming here - and it was meeting Lord Janus.

Wait. Actually. How does the usual procedure go? Since he wasn't coming here based on an appointment, did he need to line up and register? Or could he perhaps plead for one with the security guard stationed near the elevator lobby?

Guang figured to just go with the latter. Compared to going through long procedures and paperwork, straight up asking the security guard is less troublesome. Confidently, he marched towards the idle security guard. The security guard, spotting him, raised an eyebrow.

"Didn't you just come by yesterday, Mr. Long?"

"Yeah, I did," Guang asserted.

As the security guard patted him down and scanned him with a metal detector, he asked casually, "Another appointment again so soon with the Lord?"

"Actually, no. I just wanted to ask him some questions."

The security guard paused, crossing his arms and frowning. "Well, I can't let you go through then, young man."

"Why not?" Guang whined. Things were going so well too! If only the security guard would let him pass.

The security guard shook his head. "Lord Janus is a busy man. Without an appointment, you can't meet him. Come back another day when you've made proper arrangements."

"But I'm the Hero! And as much as I hate him, I came all this way because I've got to ask something really important! Can't Lord Janus spare a minute or two?"

"No can do, young man. Rules are rules. That's just how it is."

Guang sighed, figure slumping. Was there really no other way to meet Lord Janus? Now was his last chance to get the truth about the Long family and the Dragon Manor incident. Was his pursuit really going to end here just because a security guard was denying him entry?

No, he wouldn't let it end here. He refused to allow such a hurdle to stand in his way! There was only one way to go about this - which was, to use his fists. It was a method he really didn't want to resort to, as it was against the knightly code of using combat to achieve your own selfish desires. However, this concerned not just him, but his family and his servants. If he doesn't act now, he won't be able to face them!

However, just as he pulled back his fist, the security guard pressed on his earpiece, whispering uncertainly, "Is that true, Lady Gatekeeper?"

Lady Gatekeeper? Is that someone from the upper ranks of the Ministry of Intelligence? After nodding several times, the security guard made eye contact with Guang. Under the pressure of such an intense stare, Guang sweated.

"Wh-what is it?" Guang asked nervously. Was he about to be told off for nearly starting a fight?

"I've just received news from above. Lord Janus has allowed you to have an audience with him."

Just like that? Even though Guang waltzed into his office without prior arrangements? Lord Janus must be feeling generous today. Guang let out a sigh of relief. Then, realising the security guard was still there, he quickly tried to cover it up by laughing loudly. "See, I told you that Lord Janus can spare some time for me!"

The security guard stood aside and bowed. "I apologise for my previous misconduct. May you have a pleasant visit at the Ministry of Intelligence."

A pleasant visit, huh. Guang wasn't sure it would be just that.

Not long later, Guang was once again at the double oak doors of Lord Janus' chamber. Unlike yesterday, no one was here to escort him and neither did he have a companion. It was just Guang. Guang and nobody else. Truth be told, he was a bit scared. Before this, he could draw strength from the familiar people around him to be more courageous, but now, there was no one to draw strength from, no one to rely on.

He reminded himself that this was for Jin's sake. It was a decision he himself had made to confront alone, to not burden Jin with unnecessary stress. With that in mind, Guang took a deep breath.

The double oak doors opened of its own accord, welcoming Guang into the sky chamber. Guang's footsteps echoed in the large hall, clack clack clack clack, as he approached the holographic projection seated in his grand throne.

"Lord Janus," Guang said curtly. Then, towards the belly dancer on Lord Janus' right, he greeted, "Opsidia."

Lord Janus crossed his legs. Above, Lord Janus' distorted voice came, "Mr. Long Guang. Are you back for another duel?"

Guang smiled. He must do his best to stay polite. "No, Lord Janus. I must apologise for my surprise appearance, but there is something important I want to ask."

"Very well. I shall grant you fifteen minutes of my precious time. Speak."

"The Dragon Manor incident. Tell me. Who is the real perpetrator?"

Straight to the point. Without hesitation, Guang was jumping into the dangerous pit of venomous snakes. However, it suited him just as well. He wasn't one to beat around the bush and would rather get his answers just as direct.

Unlike him, though, Lord Janus was a particularly slippery snake. Calmly, Lord Janus asked, "Isn't this about something very important? Why are you asking about something you already know?"

That wasn't enough to break his clueless act, huh? In that case...

"The real perpetrator isn't the Demon King, as everyone believes," Guang declared. "The true perpetrator is you, Lord Janus! Just like how the Church of Rayler in Varya Town went up in flames, so did the Dragon Manor! The Demon King was framed for the tragedy of the Long family, when it was in fact done by you!"