Chapter 142: The Coup(3)

Author's Note (Story and Patreon Updates):

Summoning America Chapter 143 is now out for all Tier 2 Patrons and higher!

If you wish to read ahead, please visit my Patreon and support me!

I will upload one extra chapter per month if we hit a $150/month donation milestone. Yes, donations from people who want to read ahead WILL contribute to this, and patrons will still be able to read ahead.

https://www.patreon.com/drdoritosmd

SPECIAL DEAL: I will upload 1 extra chapter for a successful referral using this webull code. You must open an account and deposit at least $1 for it to be successful. Message me on discord to confirm that you've completed the referral. If you wish to join my investing community, it is linked through my discord server. The webull link will also be available through my discord under #other-announcements.

Webull: https://a.webull.com/1idi6zkc37slwnleu4

Author Resources:
For more comprehensive and current updates, please join my discord server.
Discord: https://discord.gg/ymbTbNw
Want to get to know the author? Follow my Instagram!
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sebbyclee/

——

Last time on Summoning America:
Gra Lux, Emperor of Gra Valkas, is forced to surrender his throne to Senator Guinea Marix. His family is taken captive, escalating tensions within the empire. Meanwhile, a US SEAL team led by Lieutenant Riley infiltrates Ragna, tasked with a high-risk extraction mission to save the deposed Emperor amidst a city under martial law.

——

Ragna, Gra Valkas Empire

With the carefully mapped patrol patterns etched in their minds, Riley and his team commenced their cautious advance. The city's stone and steel anatomy – an obstacle for the untrained – became a trusted ally to the trained eyes of the SEALs. As they distanced themselves from their reconnaissance point, they noted an intensification in the number of patrols, a tangible testament to their proximity to the Imperial Palace. Checkpoints became more frequent, and stern commands and radio updates replaced the relaxed chatter of the distant soldiers.

They veered deeper into less populated districts, strategically bypassing the Gra Valkan patrols without raising an alarm. Weaving through labyrinthine alleyways and crossing vast, vacant squares, they found a rhythm in their deliberate, coordinated movement. The suspense escalated when a sudden increase in radio chatter hinted at a change in patrol routines. A cluster of soldiers headed their way, forcing the SEALs to quickly take cover in a shadowy alleyway. As the soldiers approached, Riley felt a spike in his pulse. Discovery would mean immediate failure.

The team huddled behind some overturned carts, their heartbeats pounding in unison as the soldiers' footsteps echoed off the stone walls. One soldier paused near their hiding spot, his flashlight sweeping the ground mere feet away. The SEALs held their breath, fading further into the shadows.

After a grueling few seconds, the soldier moved on, the sound of his boots and radio chatter fading into the distance. Riley silently exhaled, his team following suit. It was a close call.

As they edged closer to the heart of the city, the patrolling soldiers became an almost constant backdrop. But for each obstacle, the SEALs found a path, their steps guided by a web of American surveillance. The Emperor's location was within reach now. A renewed sense of focus took hold as the team prepared for the most crucial phase of the mission.

––

Twilight painted the dilapidated district in hues of somber gray, casting an ominous shadow over the fallen Gra Valkas Empire. Gra Lux, the once unyielding Emperor, found himself surrounded by War Hawk leader Senator Guinea Marix's forces. His empire crumbled around him, and the weight of his fallen sovereignty pressed heavily on his shoulders.