Chapter 172: Junnaral

Author's Note (Story and Patreon Updates):

I will release one free extra chapter for both Manifest Fantasy and Summoning America if any of the following milestones are met:
- RoyalRoad: 3,000 followers on Manifest Fantasy (1947/3000)
- Scribblehub: 1,300 followers on Manifest Fantasy (130/1300)
- r/HFY: 800 concurrent readers (based on average upvotes per chapter) (30/800)
- Patreon: $1,000/month creator income milestone (670/1000)

Note 2:

Chapter 173 is now out for all Tier 2 Patrons and higher! Tier 2 Patrons and higher will be able to read one chapter ahead!

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/drdoritosmd

– –

January 13, 1641
Artticus Ocean
Destroyer Squadron 15, US Navy Seventh Fleet
USS Barry

"Ready the TLAM strike," Winslow's voice cut through the room, directed at his Tactical Action Officer. He stared at AN/UYQ-70 Advanced Display System, which showed their target: the Gra Valkan Navy Fourth Conquest Fleet's aircraft carriers a couple hundred miles off the coast of Junnaral.

The TAO liaised with the Fire Control Officer, bringing the Tomahawk Weapon Control System to life with a series of low beeps. "Inputting target coordinates, bearing 3-1-6, range 347 nautical miles," the Fire Controlman confirmed, inputting the precise coordinates and adjusting the Terrain Contour Matching settings on the TLAMs for a low-altitude approach to minimize radar detection.

The Intelligence Officer aboard glanced at the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaisance feed before reporting, "Captain, TACINTEL corroborates target viability. AEW&C remains non-existent. Awaiting your Go/No-Go."

Winslow nodded, then keyed into the secure communication line to the CIC of the USS Gerald R. Ford. "USS Barry requesting final clearance for a TLAM engagement against Gra Valkan carriers near Junnaral."

A brief hiss of static preceded the response. "USS Barry, DESRON 15 is cleared hot for TLAM engagement."

"Berkshire, conduct final FCS check and initiate launch sequence," Winslow ordered the TAO.

The TAO confirmed the readiness of the Vertical Launching System and the health status of the Tomahawks. "Sir, VLS is green, TLAMs are CATM certified, ready for launch on your command," he reported.

Captain Winslow gave a subtle nod. "Execute launch."

In a rather anticlimactic fashion, the TAO calmly announced, "TLAMs launching now."

Each missile, housed in the destroyer's vertical cells, ignited and soared into the sky. The vessel shuddered slightly, the sounds of machinery echoing within the hull as the tubes closed. Captain Winslow sat back slightly in his chair after issuing his last command, his posture relaxed but eyes remaining on the digital display that tracked the Tomahawks' flight.

"Missiles are airborne and tracking on target," the Fire Controlman stated matter-of-factly. "Estimated time to target, two hours and five minutes."

"Maintain tracking. Updates every fifteen minutes," Winslow replied.

He turned to his right, seeing his executive officer, Commander Bryson. The expression on his face suggested he had something to say, and Winslow raised an eyebrow.

Bryson leaned in, his voice low enough not to carry over the hum of the CIC. "Heard the Seventh Fleet's due for a resupply soon. Might mean a bit of downtime in a Mirishial port," he remarked, a hint of hopeful – or rather, excited – anticipation in his tone. "Apparently, some of the local girls really like Americans."