Ikadalawampung Kabanata

Kabanata 20

Break na kami, e

Lilah George's fiance was seen intimate with another woman, Insider reports.

Napahalakhak ako sa nabasang article. It was trending and all-over the news. More entertaining that Mico was referred as my fiance, and not by his name. He literally has no identity in the media, just known by my clout.

I smirked when my phone rang...

I have two people in mind to call me late at night. Mas lalong lumawak ang ngisi ko sa labi nang mabasa ang contact name ng taong iyon.

It was, of course, my father. Sino bang mauuna sa balita? And I bet he's fuming mad, not that I care. Hinayaan kong mag-ring ang phone ko sa harap ng vanity mirror, I was busy with my skincare routine... it's nothing, just busy with being almost perfect.

Nahiya pa si lord na gawin akong perfect. I understand naman, kawawa naman ang mga beneath sa akin.

What? Wala namang masamang magbuhat ng couch at mahalin ang sarili. Isa pa, everything I said is true.

The ringing stopped, then it started to ring once again. This time, I answered the call to annoy my father. Alam kong apektado siya sa mga balita ng iba't ibang news media outlets patungkol kay Mico Alba na may kasamang ibang babae.

"Oh, hello, father dear," I greeted sarcastically with a sweet tone. "What do you need? Bakit napatawag ka, is there a problem ba?"

"Is that your plan, ha?!" Inalis ko ang phone sa tapat ng tainga ko. His screams were loud, I felt my ear would be damaged. "Are you really disobeying me, Kalilah Georgia Esquivel? You're talking to Mico to go against me and defy your father! Akala mo ba dito magtatapos ang lahat? You're wrong!"

Naglabas - masok sa tainga ko ang mga kataga niya. I was so tempted to end the call, but his rage amused me.

"Are you done talking?" singit ko nang bahagyang tumahimik ang kabilang linya.

I didn't let him answer my question, dumeretso ako sa sasabihin ko sa kanya.

"You think I told him to do that to ruin your image? Gosh, does he have no brain to think on his own? Do you think I can just dictate him of what to do and what not? Is that what you want for a son-in-law? Hindi marunong mag-isip at walang paninindigan?" Napailing ako kahit hindi naman kita ng kausap ko sa phone.

"You know what, you should reevaluate your choices, dad. Don't blame me for the things I'm not in control. He's just a guy, that's what every guy does. Oh, poor him. They would jump from pussy to puss---"

The line ended.

Tumawa ako nang malakas.

Ah, it's such a great night to annoy my father I have no relationship with.

Hindi nawala ang ngisi sa labi ko. Well, he's kinda... right.

I have a part on setting him up. But it wasn't my fault he got caught. Hindi ko na kasalanang nahulog siya sa patibong. He wasn't so clever. He wasn't so slick with his carnal affairs.

Michelle did the favor for me. It was just planned, the woman was Michelle's friend who was willing to help. I was still smirking as I dialed the Mico Alba's number, I rested on the chair.

With two rings, he answered the call.

"Oh my gosh! What was that?" I asked dramatically.

I'm an actress, this is what I do best.

"Let me explain," I heard the frustration on his voice.

Napailing ako. "Explain what, Mico?! Yes, we're in an arrange marriage and there's no love in our relationship, but it doesn't mean you have the right to disrespect me like that! Hindi ka man lang nahiya. You're ruining my name!" My voice cracked, I let out a quiet whimper, enough for him to hear.