Ikadalawampu't Walong Kabanata

Kabanata 28

I think I'm in love

Lilah George and non-showbiz boyfriend caught kissing in the parking lot, Insider reports.

Michelle sent me the link of the article online with the attached pictures of me and Raius kissing. I could still vividly remember that moment in my head. We were both crying and laughing afterwards.

He knew what happened... he probably heard all the things his friends told about me... they probably warned him. All their disrespect backfired on them. Ramdam ko ang galit ni Rye sa pangyayari.

It was a shame they thought those were just harmless comments.

Sinagot ko ang tawag mula kay Michelle. She didn't seem to be upset with us getting caught by the camera.

Good thing, I was the visible one in the photos. Medyo silhouette ang kuha ni Rye sa litrato. The parking lot had a bad lighting, additionally, the photos were shot using a phone. Mukhang natakot gumamit ng flash ang salarin.

"Sooner or later, your fans and the spectators will discover your boyfriend's identity. Are you ready? Handa na ba si Raius? So far, the public is very supportive of your new lovelife," saad niya sa kabilang linya.

"He's aware of my social status before dating me, my fame and popularity doesn't intimidate him." It was the truth. I sighed. "Honestly, ako lang naman ang may ayaw na ilabas siya sa publiko. I'm protective of my first serious relationship. I'm trying to protect him. Hindi deserve ni Rye ang lash out ng public for the mere reason they don't like me..."

My boyfriend knew me at one of my lowest points in life. We had a thing when I was a nobody and an outcast, when I was able to go back to my normal life, he was willing to embrace that as well. He wasn't fragile enough to not let me shine brightly.

We talked about it a lot of times already. Alam ni Rye ang pinasok niya, pero may pag-aalinlangan ako pagdating sa media at show business. Some would hate him just for associating with me.

I don't even deserve the hate that I've gotten over the years, and he doesn't deserve any hate for being my boyfriend... and for loving me.

"I understand, Lilah. Enjoy your time there, okay?" She told me before ending the call. "See you in a few days! Bye!"

"Next time, I'll invite you here!" pahabol ko bago siya mawala sa linya.

Napangiti naman ako. I took a week off to unwind and requested my boyfriend to take me to his hometown. Umuwi kaming dalawa ni Raius sa San Andres. I missed the bukid and hacienda life.

Gabi nang makarating kami sa hacienda. We just had dinner with his family, they welcomed me warmly.

Sa tagal ng biyahe, mas pinili naming magpahinga matapos ang hapunan. It was almost twelve hours from the city. Mas pagod si Raius dahil pinili niyang mag-drive.

Hindi pa siya gising nang bumangon ako. I looked around his room for the mean time. It was neat. Natawa ako ng pagmasdan ang collection niya ng movies ko. It was complete.

Madalas kaming mag-movie marathon pero ni minsan hindi ako pumayag na isa sa mga ginawa kong pelikula ang panoorin naming dalawa. It just felt a bit weird seeing and watching myself on the screen. Natatawa ako sa intense acting.

Hinayaan ko munang matulog si Raius, nag-iwan lang ako ng letter sa kanyang table.

I was excited to go outside to smell the fresh air. Nadatnan ko pa si Manang Sisa na inalok ako ng agahan, hindi naman ako nakatanggi sa matanda. Chantelle Cleopatra, Rye's sister, was already in the gazebo. Doon daw nito napiling kumain.