Ikadalawampu't Limang Kabanata

Kabanata 25

The mystery man

Everyone was occupied and curious of my new boyfriend. It had been a hot topic online for quite a some time, most comments I received were nice rather than shitty remarks I had in the past.

My manager and assistant, Michelle, calmed down a bit with the positive response from the fans. I was preparing for the worst things once the picture took by the paparazzi was uploaded in the internet.

Her anxiety and fear with people's reaction rooted with how I was treated before. I assured her it wouldn't affect me. Pero hindi pa rin niya ako tinitigilan kung sino ang nasa likod ng litrato.

Some were thinking it was Gareth... like I was tasteless, but Michelle knew better. She was certain it wasn't him. She knew I hated the guy, it wouldn't make sense to date him.

Isa pa, hindi naman siya ganoon kagwapo nang nakaharap o nakatalikod man. Pamilyar sa kanya ang pigura pero hindi niya mahinuha kung saan niya ito nakita. If she only knew, the boyfriend in the photo was just lurking around.

Well...

She is my most trusted friend, but I'm still enjoying her annoyance towards me. It was fun teasing her.

I will tell her... soon.

"You can buy a whole condominium, Rye. But you will stay here with me. After everything that happened, ngayon ka pa may balak na lumipat. Hell, no. You declined my paycheck for your service. Hindi mo na rin ako pinagbayad ng mga luho ko noon sa hacienda. It's the least thing I can do. It's totally fine that you're living in the same roof as I am. Duh! You have seen every part of my body, so no, not gonna happen." I was carried away to even pause and hear his chuckles.

Natigil ako at pinanood siya habang tumatawa.

I sighed.

Seriously, I would be losing all my arguments just by staring at his goddamn, good-looking face. Nawawala ako sa wisyo. Nawawala ako sa pokus. Nahihipnotismo ako ng kaguwapuhan niya.

"Baby," tawag niya sa atensyon ko. "You know how horrible of an actor I am, I can't be as good as you in role-playing especially with no scripts given."

Ngumuso ako. It was just an adlib on my part.

Kanina ko pa siya hinahanap, sumagi na isip kong iniwan niya ako. Of course, I was just being imaginative. I found my boyfriend in the laundry area washing his clothes and mine.

With that imaginative inspiration, I was able to come up with that dramatic dialogue.

Most of the time, he is part of my acting monologues. It was crazy on another perspective. Good thing, hindi naman niya ako hinuhusgahan. Minsan sinasabayan pa niya ang trip ko sa buhay.

Pareho kaming natawa, hinigit niya ako papalapit sa kanya. "Are you bored?"

I nodded. "I was looking for you everywhere around the house," sinabi ko.

I just woke up and didn't find him in my bed. Wala rin siya sa kusina pero mayroon na siyang nilutong agahan. He picked me up and let me sit on the surface of one washing machine.

"You're such a house husband..."

"Wife me up, then." He winked.

"How many carats do you want?" Kinuha ko ang kanyang kamay.

I jokingly traced his ring finger to know its size.

"I am very fancy, madame. A five-carat diamond would do." Iwinagayway pa niya ang kamay.