Ikatatlumpo't Dalawang Kabanata

Kabanata 32

Get ready with me

The dinner was eventful with chaotic kids and more chaotic grown-ups. Everyone had a good time.

Nobody mentioned what happened last night especially in front of the kids.

Rye came rushing to my aid after the slapping incident with his sister, Cleo. I was shocked and dumbfounded to even react.

My boyfriend got mad at her for being unreasonable. He was firm at taking my side without raising his voice to his sister.

Cleo was mad for what happened, I understood that. But it was unfair that I was the one being blamed for something I didn't want to happen as well. I was enraged as she was for the people who took my boyfriend's good nature for granted.

It was resolved before the other visitors came over for dinner and she apologized to me.

I kinda understood how Rye was able to be patient with all my arte and gaspang na attitude, he had been trained all his life. Aside from the fact that Cleo hated everybody, she hated me more because we were a bit similar.

Inabutan nang antok ang mga bata. Good thing, we readied all the guest rooms in the house. I offered for them to stay anytime they want.

Nasa pool ang magpipinsang lalaki kasama si Rambo, they are having light drinks. Samantalang nasa sala naman kaming mga babae, nagkukuwentuhan habang ngumunguya ng finger snacks.

"... master manipulators. You wouldn't even know you are being manipulated, that's how good some people are. Thank goodness, you followed your intuition last night."

Hinagod ni Michelle ang aking braso. Kinuwento ko ang naramdaman kong takot sa kanila kagabi. It was unparalleled. Mas lalo akong nakaramdam ng takot nang i-point out ni Sai, ang asawa ni Cadence, na hindi lang si Raius ang muntik nang mapahamak kagabi.

I was also in danger last night. Mabuti na lang, intoxicated na si Henry kagabi o wala roon si Alice. Raius was unconscious, I couldn't have fought the three alone if they were on their prime.

It was hair-raising just thinking about that.

"Why don't we give that bitch a visit?" It was the first time Cleo opened her mouth, and the first thing that came from her mouth was a bloody suggestion.

She was ready for a fight.

Humalakhak si Emma. "Sumesegunda ako sa suggestion ni Cleo. Bisitahin natin iyong Addison, Henry at Alice. Wala naman silang magagawa. Enjoy natin ang perks ng mga Ponce. And'yan si senador gago."

Sai rolled her eyes. "This isn't the right way... but I'm in whatever you decide. Just please, don't get caught. I don't want to set example for the kids, especially my girl. Kapag nalaman ni Tadhana, she would be unstoppable..."

Natawa naman ako, pero tawa ni Emma at Michelle ang nangibabaw. We laughed at Sai's request.

"What do you think, Lilah?" Cleo asked. "Do we have to vote? What does everyone think? I'm just doing this for formality. I can go there alone and slap the shit out of that bitch." She smiled.

She seldom smiles, when she does, it seems to mean harm. There's no doubt Cleo can do that. Ramdam ko pa rin ang kamay niya sa aking pisngi. It was a solid slap, I would rate it ten out of ten.

"You don't have to ask me, I live for revenge." Ngumisi si Fayre.

"Yes, queen!" Pumalakpak si Michelle. "I don't think any reason why we shouldn't be doing that. Let's drag that bitches and fucker to the hell they belong!"