Ikatatlumpo't Tatlong Kabanata

Kabanata 33

A red lingerie

Michelle checked on me.

Lope did, too. Pati ang mga asawa ng pinsan ni Raius. Cleo called me, I asked her a big favor.

I didn't give any statement.

I was...

Hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin sa kanya.

It was deep and more sensitive than it seemed. Totoong sinampal, sinabunatan ko ang babae... just like what she claimed. Ipagtatanggol ako ni Raius kapag nalaman niya ang misinformation na ipinakalat ng babae, but I don't want to pressure him telling his truth to the public eye.

The fake news became big that everyone talked about it, even if it was countered with the truth, people would choose to believe what they want to believe. I don't want the people to use Rye's truth against him.

Once the truth's out, I don't want them to throw the stereotypes and stigma against my boyfriend.

Ayos lang sa akin na ako na ang sumalo noon. Sanay naman akong masama ang tingin sa akin ng publiko. Sanay din akong death threats ang agahan. Wala namang bago.

Maybe, we could talk about everything the moment Rye's back in the city. It would be handled legally. Naka-standby lang ang lawyer ko. Right now, I want my boyfriend to be stress-free. Iyon ang pinunta niya sa probinsya.

Tahimik kong tinanggap ang lahat nang masasamang salita nila tungkol sa akin. I didn't give comments. I wasn't shady. I was just quiet the whole time.

"We could postpone it, you know..."

"It's fine, Michelle. We're not postponing anything. Sayang ang efforts ng casts and director, even the media. We'll proceed. Isa pa, we shouldn't be afraid, alam natin ang totoo." I smiled at her.

"Okay," She nodded. Hinawakan niya ang magkabilang kamay ko. "You look beautiful. Everyone's excited for your comeback movie. I'm just here if you need anything. I'm proud of you. Your bebe boy is proud of you."

Pinisil niya ang aking kamay. We were about to have the press conference together with the whole casts and Direk Roy.

Kasunod nito ang first screening ng movie sa press at critics, then, the red carpet would be held and VIP screening... next month would be the release.

We were ushered to the table. The press was sitting in front of us. Cameras were there to record the whole thing.

The moment I walked in the room, I already plastered a smile on my face. I greeted everyone with warmness. Bahagya kong isinantabi ang aking kaba sa dibdib. I wanted them to feel my confidence.

My last press conference was disastrous. It was supposed to be the renewal of my contract in a certain company when my personal nude pictures leaked all over social media. Sangkot na naman ako sa panibagong scandal.

It started with questions for the other cast members and our director. Pinakiusapan ako ni Direk na kung p'wede sila na muna ang bahala sa pagsagot ng mga katanungan. I honored his request even if it was for my movie comeback.

I was sure as hell they didn't want to be associated with me. Baka mahila ko pababa ang kikitain ng movie. Pinalitan ko na si Gareth as most hated sa set.

"This question is for Lilah," I could feel all their eyes were on me. "How does it feel that you're starring as the star of this movie, which was termed as your comeback movie, after being away for a year only to blow it up with the scandal you're facing?"