Ikatatlumpong Kabanata

Kabanata 30

Do you miss me?

A familiar face waved at me.

Ngumiti naman ako rito pabalik. Addison was waiting for me at the lobby of a high-end spa.

After what happened in the bar, we kept in contact. I was able to gather all the narrative from her. Ikinuwento niya sa akin kung paanong umabot sa suntukan ang namagitan sa boyfriend ko at mga kaibigan niya.

Bumeso siya sa akin. "Looking gorgeous, as always."

"I know, right?" I chuckled. "How's life?"

We made a small talk in the lobby before going to our appointment. The staff ushered us into our exclusive private room. There are two beds for a body massage, a wide jacuzzi, some refreshment with different varieties such a champagne.

It's a girl's day. I found a new friend, it needs to be celebrated.

Next time I'll take Michelle, Lope and her cousins' wives to a treat as well. Nadala ko na minsan si Michelle. She couldn't go with us today. As usual, she was in the meeting for my sake.

It has always been a spa appointment or shopping that was my stress reliever before.

Ngayon, mayroon na akong Raius na pogi... na mabago... na malaki ang ti... tiwala.

Of course, my boyfriend knew my closeness with Addison, hindi ko lang naikukuwento sa kanya ang kalagayan nito at ng kaibigan niyang si Henry. It wasn't really my story to tell.

I went to the bathroom to strip off my clothes and put on a robe. Nauna nang nagpalit si Addison, I just followed. Pumasok naman ang staff na may dalang appetizers. Some of the staffs are tend to do our foot spa and massage.

We wanted the foot spa in the balcony of our private room, they did the set up there. Once done, they guided us toward the location and we sat in a comfortable spa pedicure chair while sightseeing the view.

They opened a bottle of champagne and poured us each glass. Nagsimula naman ang foot spa service nila habang in-enjoy namin ang wine.

It was indeed great.

"So, what's your plan?" I asked.

She sighed. "I'm leaving him. I would just disappear in his life without explanation. Three years of my life wasted."

"I think, we're in the wrong place, hindi ba dapat uminom tayo?" I tried to joke to make the atmosphere lighter. Tumawa naman siya sa sinabi ko.

"Yeah, that's it. I'll be single soon. Anyways, let's not talk about my depressing reality. We're here to enjoy." Our glasses clinked. "Thank you for the treat, girl."

"It's nothing," I rolled my eyes.

Muling nagtama ang glasses namin.

Well, it was really nothing. I usually treat my friend and colleagues to fancy places to make up for my bad attitude. I'm such a bitch most of the time, it was hard expressing how much I value the friend who stayed with me.

Looking back, I was such a bad friend especially to Michelle. I didn't deserve her. Realization suddenly hit me, I will call her later to express how much I value and love her as my only friend who stood and stayed with me over the years.

I only have a very few. So, I was glad meeting Addison to add her at my friend list. We clicked instantly.

After the foot spa, we had a body massage. It was a much deserved reward for myself after all the shoots and taping I did for the past few months. I even inquired a helpful tip for a massage.