Huling Kabanata

Huling Kabanata

Raius Alvis Ponce

Absentmindedly, I dropped the tray of coffee, spilling all over the place.

I would be a dead meat. I readied myself for the scolding I was about to face. Henry told me most people on the set was notorious bullies. Lalo na raw ang lead actors ng pelikula.

I bent down to clean the spilled coffee on the floor. Mukhang papalitan ko pa iyon gamit ang sarili kong pera. Medyo nanghihinayang ako, pandagdag ko na sana sa mga gastusin ko ngayong semestre.

But it was my fault.

A pair of high heels stopped in front of me, I looked up to see who it was. I was sweating a bit thinking the possibility of getting fired from my first job related with my course.

Sayang ang sahod. Sayang ang experience.

"Use these towels to clean the mess, you won't dry it with your hands, will you?"

I was staring at her for too long. I even thought the possibility of hearing voices in my head. It was surreal.

Am I dead? Is this a meet and greet with an angel in heaven?

Tinanggap ko ang tuwalyang hawak niya.

"There's a first aid cabinet on the left corner of the room," saad pa niya bago ako iwan sa aking tayo.

I was stunned for a minute. I wasn't moving. I kept on looking at the towels on my hand before drying the floor. She was the only person I found upon my arrival in the room...

... I was starstruck that I dropped the coffee.

Lilah George.

Her register on the camera was beautiful, but I wasn't expecting to be surprised by her visual in person. How can she have the right to possess that surreal, goddess-looking features when everyone's struggling in beauty department?

She isn't the standard. Standards are somehow attainable. She's above and beyond.

The presence is enough trance. She is living the hype of her crazy-obsessed fans.

I heard lot of rumors about her being mean from several interns, even staffs. One encounter debunked all that for me. She could've ignored and continued her day without giving a helping hand, but she didn't.

My hand was reddening caused by the hot, spilled coffee. Tinungo ko ang cabinet ng first aid kagaya ng sinabi niya. I don't know, I have no idea with first aid. I should've poured water, but she told me to go to the first aid cabinet, sinunod ko lang.

Luckily, I wasn't fired from the job and got to keep it while studying.

It wasn't the last job I had either, I took other internships related to film-making. It was ranging with cleaning, assisting directors or other staffs, I took whatever job that could pay my university expenses and other necessities.

Minsan dalawang trabaho ang pinagsasabay ko. Tumatanggap din ako ng art commissions, matumal nga lang. Art wasn't deemed worthy of penny. Mahirap makipag-usap sa customers na laging gustong mababa ang presyo. Not worth my time.

Everyone was getting humbled by the punishment of Tita Oleya. Akala naming lahat si Cadence lang ang sakop ng parusa.

No one could go against her, not even our parents, they don't care that much. They birthed children and disposed for other people to take care of us. Masaya sila sa buhay na nagtra-travel ng walang iniintinding mga anak.