Put The Thrill Back in Bed

Through all of the fun and romantic times, there were two questions that kept nagging at Evie: did her dad know (and if he didn't and found out, what would he do), and was her relationship with Nikki really all that happy?

Throughout her childhood, Evie (mostly) stayed out of trouble and Mick rarely ever gave her a reason to lie, but through some minor practice, she discovered that she was decent at deception. However, all the things she was used to lying about were petty: 'how did you do on the test,' 'did you clean the bathroom,' never 'are you sleeping with my bassist?'

Mick never actually asked her that, but maybe that made it even harder to hide. If he asked outright, she could shut it down in a convincing manner by acting disgusted and offended, and she would convince Mick that all the signs he took as evidence of something going on between her and Nikki had been misinterpreted by Mick, probably because he subconsciously thought of his daughter as a whore, or so she would manipulate him into thinking.

Instead, she was stuck considering every move, every comment, and every smile, wondering if that would be the thing that made her father realize what was happening.

And she was right to do so. When Mick first started noticing how much time Nikki and Evie were spending together, he brushed it off as friendship. Evie was a friendly girl and he supposed Nikki could be nice if he tried, and that explained that.

Looking back on it, Mick realized this idea was fueled by denial. He didn't truly believe Evie would be interested in Nikki, and the concept of your child, that little kid that was once an innocent little baby, having sex is one that every parent struggles to wrap their head around. He was still in denial even after Vince told him exactly what was going on.

It was about a week ago, two days after, unbeknownst to Mick, Evie lost her virginity. Vince called the Deal home, and Mick picked it up. He told Mick to get Nikki. After he informed the bassist of who was calling, Nikki said something along the lines of 'tell him I'm not in the mood for sex and drugs.'

Vince scoffed when Mick told him this, then said, "that little princess of yours has turned him into a saint, huh?"

Mick was only confused.

"You don't know?" Vince knew he was being an asshole by bringing it up, but he truly believed Mick knew at least some of what was going on. He almost dropped the topic right then and there, but he decided it was actually a bit fun, getting Nikki in trouble.

"Don't know what, Vince?"

"Nikki's been sleeping with your daughter."

Mick almost hung up the phone right then and there, certain that Vince was just being a dick. It took him a few moments to reply. "What do you mean?"

"How do you not know? I don't know how long it's been happening but a few weeks ago he was making out with her at a party, and he told Tommy that something was going on between them."

That was when Mick hung up. Some part of him told him that Vince was a liar, that he was holding something against Nikki or trying to anger Mick. He told himself that even if Nikki had the nerve to try something, Evie would never allow it. She had never dated anyone before and Mick knew it. She cared too much about her academics and future to let anyone, much less a guy like Nikki, waste her time.

But then again, Mick knew that the pair were getting along well and always doing something together. And there were moments that made Mick think there was some sort of attraction between them, like when Nikki could make her smile and laugh just by looking at her, and when Evie sat next to Nikki on the couch without even thinking about it, especially when there were plenty of other spots for her to sit.