Girls, Girls, Girls

"Can I ask," Evie said in the back of the cab

"Can I ask," Evie said in the back of the cab. "Why I'm wearing this, and you're wearing...that?" She gestured to his tight leather pants, white deep v-neck shirt, and studded leather jacket. In other words, normal Nikki Sixx attire.

"Cause I wanna show you off."

"Really? Or is it somewhere we're supposed to dress nice, and you just don't give a shit?"

"Why can't it be both?" Nikki shrugged.

Evie looked down at his hand in hers and said, "So are you gonna tell me where we're going, yet?"

"No, we've gotta be close. Hey man," he addressed the driver. "How much further?"

"2 and a half kilometers," the Dane said.

"See," Nikki leaned in closer to Evie. "I don't know how much a kilometer is but it can't be that much, can it?"

"Do they have food there?"

"Yes."

"So, it's a restaurant?" It was the most likely scenario Evie could think of.

"Kind of. Just be patient, Eves. You're gonna love it, I swear."

"Fine," she huffed, grabbing Nikki's arm and leaning her head against his shoulder for the rest of the ride.

It wasn't a restaurant. It wasn't even "kind of" a restaurant. It was a building in downtown Copenhagen that looked not too dissimilar from a small music venue like the Whisky. Only it didn't have a marquee. There was only the word "Mirage" written in red, glowing letters above the door.

Evie felt the curiosity and fear grow, and was so engulfed in it that she didn't even realize Nikki had gotten out of the cab until he opened her door.

"Are you ready?" He reached for her hand.

"What is this place?"

"Shhh. Just come on."

Holding hands, they walked to the door, where a bouncer was waiting.

"Nikki Sixx."

The bouncer checked his guestlist. Then, he opened the door behind him and nodded them in. No ID check or anything.

Nikki's hand moved to her waist and he led her down a dimly lit hallway. The flashes of purple light and the sound of muffled music got more and more intense until they passed one more bodyguard and turned the corner into the main room.

The first thing Evie saw was a tall blonde woman spinning on a pole.

"You son of a bitch," she said. But Nikki could tell by her smile that she was excited.

He grabbed her hand and led further into the room, past all the men in suits who were too absorbed in the women on the stage to notice the beautiful girl walking in front of them.