Down at the Whisky

Confession: This fic was originally posted/is still being updated on Archive of Our Own. I chose to cross-post onto Wattpad under the same title and username a good month or two after I began it on AO3. Because of this, the Wattpad version of this fic has always been at least a few chapters behind the AO3 version. (The content is the exact same on both sites, save for the chapter titles.)

As you may or may not know, AO3 has been down for at least nine hours due to a cyber attack from a religious/political group. Because today is the day I would ordinarily update the story on both sites and because we don't know how long the attack is going to last, I have decided to catch up the Wattpad version by posting all of the completed chapters here in one go. It will be a nice surprise for my normal Wattpad readers, and will allow my normal AO3 readers to find the full fic here, if they search it out.

Thanks to everyone who regularly reads and leaves votes and/or comments, you give me the motivation to keep writing.

Now, onto the story:

The first thing Evie saw when she awoke was the bright blue sky through the small basement window. The first thing she felt was a hairy arm wrapped around her waist and an erection poking into her back.

She laid there, aware that something about her surroundings was off but too sleepy and comfortable to care. It was a few more minutes before she could fully open her eyes. Then it hit her: she had fallen asleep in bed with Nikki.

Evie sat up. "Nikki," she said quietly, shaking his arm. Nikki's head throbbed from the hangover, but he was pretty used to that.

"Good morning," he responded, trying to pull her back down. His cold hand on her flesh made Evie realize she was still naked.

"Oh my god," she said. She felt like she had just woken up to realize that she slept through the first hour of work. She searched for her clothes. They were all the way over on the floor by the bathroom. She got up and started putting them on.

"What's wrong?" Nikki genuinely didn't know why she was in such a rush. "You late for something?"

"No...wait." She looked at the clock. It was twenty minutes before her alarm usually went off. "No."

"Then what's the matter?"

"What's the matter? I slept down here." She was fully dressed now, her hand on her hip and making gestures that implied the issue was obvious. "What if my dad noticed that I wasn't in my room?"

Nikki looked at the ground, then fell back on the bed. "Shit," he said quietly.

Evie shook her head, told Nikki she would see him later, and hurried up the stairs.

Luckily, Mick was still fast asleep when Evie came out of the basement in the same clothes that she had worn the day before.

Unluckily, he had, in fact, noticed that Evie wasn't in her room the night before.

When Mick got home around 1:20 that morning, he had gone upstairs to find the door to Evie's room wide open. That was strange, as she hadn't left her door open to any degree while she slept since she was a little kid.

He listened for any rustling noises coming from the dark room before peeking inside. She wasn't there. Both bathrooms, the one upstairs and the one downstairs, were also dark and empty. His own room was dark and empty. The kitchen and living room were desolate. Nobody in the garage. Nobody in any of the closets. No one sitting in the lawn chair on the front porch. All cars and key sets accounted for.

When he was done, he went through the whole house again, just in case she had managed to sneak past him while he was looking elsewhere.

Evie was nowhere to be found. Either she had sneaked out with friends (highly unlikely: Mick had let her go out in the middle of the night plenty of times, she knew he would say yes if she asked), she had been kidnapped (unlikely: there was no sign of struggle and Mick knew damn well he raised a fighter), or Vince was right.