I Need A Fight

November 12, 1983

A pounding at the door awoke Evie. She groaned and looked at the clock. 7 a.m. She had gotten all of about four hours of sleep, when you factored in all the time she spent trying to silence her racing thoughts. She was so hungover she thought she might puke, but she still beat her two roommates to the door.

It was Doc McGhee. When he saw her, his face turned from confusion, to recognition, and finally, to disgust.

"It-It's not what it looks like."

Doc held up a hand and sighed. "I don't even wanna hear it. I am perfectly fine not knowing."

She nodded and allowed him in. By this point, Tommy and Honey were sitting up on the bed, both of them naked.

"It's not what it looks like," Tommy said, pointing at Evie.

"Again, I don't want to know. I just came here to tell you that the bus leaves at 8:30. Tommy, you need to be up and in the courtyard by 8 o'clock sharp. When I come back in here in twenty minutes, you need to be showered."

"Yeah, yeah, you said the same thing yesterday, too."

"Yes, and when I came back after twenty minutes, what were you doing?"

"Sleeping."

"Exactly. Now get up and get to it. And you, young lady," he turned to face Evie. "You need to get back to your room and pretend like you've been there all night long before I wake up your father. You understand?"

She didn't respond, only glared at him.

"Good. Now where the hell is Vince?"

"He's in my room," Evie said.

"For fuck's sake, why? Do I even wanna know?"

"Probably not."

"Fine. Just go up to your room. And you take a shower, too. You look like you got hit by a truck and then crawled your way back up from Hell."

Evie stumbled out of the room and got on the elevator.

Once she was out of sight, Doc looked at Tommy. "What the fuck did you do to her?"

"I didn't do anything!" Tommy protested.

"Who is she!" Honey was finally coming to her senses.

"She's just a friend, babe. I-I dunno. She just came here at like 1 o'clock this morning asking to sleep in here." Tommy shrugged, genuinely baffled.

"You asshole." Honey hit his chest. "Did you fuck her?!"

"No! I didn't, babe! Promise!"

"You better not let Mick find out about this, Tommy." Doc spoke up again. "We don't need the band breaking up three days into the biggest tour of your lives."

Tommy was still protesting his innocence through Honey's violence when Doc left the room.

The bus did not leave at 8:30. It left at 9:20 because one of the members of Motley Crue was missing.

When Doc McGhee went up to Mick and Nikki's room, he found a guitarist, but no bassist. Doc mumbled a series of curses, got Mick out of bed, and then called all of the rooms that Motley Crue and Ozzy Osbourne members and staff were staying in. None of them had seen the man.

Logically, the next thing Doc did was head out to every strip club and bar within a five mile radius of the hotel. Nikki Sixx was located at a strip club three blocks away. According to the owner, he was drinking at the bar in the early hours of the morning when he fell off of his barstool at approximately 3 o'clock. When the bartender went to check on him, she found that he was passed out drunk. He had no identification on him, but one of the girls recognized him as being in Motley Crue, so they took him to a private room to sleep.