Outta Control

"So," Nikki followed Evie to the amps on the side of the stage

"So," Nikki followed Evie to the amps on the side of the stage. "You wanna go there and eat, or you wanna order room service?"

Evie picked up Mick's guitar and strummed the beginning notes of Ten Seconds to Love. "Probably go there. I kinda missed going out when we were on break." She set the guitar down and Nikki followed her as she wandered backstage. "Besides," she said over the background chatter of all the people it took to run the tour. "Diana will probably be staying in and that's a little weird."

"It's not that weird," Nikki shrugged. "I mean, I can't even tell you how many times I've been sitting on the couch watching TV and Tommy is fucking some girl in my peripheral vision."

"I love you and I love Tommy, but I'm not modeling any of my relationships off of your guys' friendship. That's...not normal."

"Well," Nikki hugged her waist and leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "We can go to the restaurant, but I'm not going another night without seeing you naked. Diana's just gonna have to deal with it. Or I'll call Vince in to distract her."

Evie smiled and let herself lean back against Nikki. It had only been two days, but it felt like forever. "Ok." She lifted her head so that he could kiss her then pulled away from him. "Now, you're impeding my job."

"My bad," he shrugged. "But there's one more thing I wanted to talk to you about."

Evie turned to look at him. His tone had changed from playful to serious. "What?"

"What's going on with Mick? This morning Doc wanted to talk to him alone. When he came back, he was all pissed off and called me a 'piece of shit junkie' when I asked him about it. What did Doc tell him?"

Evie's eyes widened. She couldn't believe her dad would say something like that to Nikki. "I-I don't know," she shook her head. "That doesn't sound like him at all. I haven't seen him since last night."

"Talk to him, will you? I resisted the urge to punch him today but if it happens again...no promises."

"I will." She let out a sigh. "We better meet at 8:30 then. I'll try to catch him before we go."

Nikki nodded. "8:30 then."

"In the lounge?"

"In the lounge." He kissed her cheek and went off to put on his stage clothes.

It was twenty minutes after Motley's set ended and Evie found her father exactly where she thought he'd be: in his dressing room, sunglasses on and a bottle of liquor in his hand.

"Hey," she smiled.

Mick didn't say anything; just nodded at her.

It unsettled her. She ditched any plans of small talk because she really needed to know what was up.