Chicks = Trouble

Evie and Diana's eyes widened, and they gave each other a look that could only betray shock, and, maybe, a little excitement.

"Uh, I think the pool is closing soon," Evie said.

"No, no, no," Vince said. "Hotel said we can keep the party going as long as we want. You know why? Cause we're fucking rockstars."

With that, Vince kicked off his shoes, took off his shirt, and pulled down his pants. He wasn't in a bathing suit, just his regular boxers. But it turns out it didn't matter, because Vince just took those off, too. Evie knew it was impolite to stare at someone's dick, but she did so anyway, putting a hand up to her mouth to cover her smile.

Diana giggled. "Vince!"

"What, baby?" He asked, climbing into the hot tub. He sat down next to Diana and put his arm around her. "I got your note, and I'm sorry. I totally forgot about our date. And I wasn't with strippers. I wasn't. Promise."

If Diana responded to that with anything other than nervous laughter, Evie was unaware of it. She was too busy looking at Nikki, who was just standing next to the hot tub, watching Vince. She wondered if he was going to undress himself like the singer did, or if he was even going to get in the pool at all.

But then, Nikki sat down on the concrete and started pulling at his shoes like a not particularly bright toddler. He finally got a hang of it, and once his shoes were off he struggled with his belt. His pants went down, then his boxers.

Evie's heart skipped a beat, and again she stared at his nakedness while he struggled with his leather jacket and shirt. She was only vaguely aware of Vince whispering into Diana's ear while Nikki got into the hot tub excruciatingly slowly and sat down near Evie, leaving a respectful distance of two or three feet.

Evie did her best not to look at him. She didn't want him to see how flustered he made her. Vince, oblivious to her uncomfortableness (or maybe because he suspected she was uncomfortable), handed her one of the liquor bottles. She held it for a minute, not really wanting to drink but knowing it would make her feel less anxious. In the end, she decided to just hand the bottle to Nikki instead.

She only looked at him out of the corner of her eye while she did it, too scared to meet his eyes. She didn't say anything either, afraid she would say something stupid, or that she would try to say something but it would only come out as a squeak instead. But Nikki took the offering as an invitation to slide closer to her.

Nikki popped open the bottle, took a swig, and then handed it back to her. Looking at his chest now, she took it back and took a small sip.

She recoiled and coughed. It was much stronger than anything she had ever drank and burned on the way down. She prepared herself for Vince's ridiculing, but he was too busy kissing Diana's neck to notice what Evie was doing. Nikki just chuckled a little, grabbed the bottle back, and put his hand on her back.

Her natural instinct was to tense up at Nikki's touch, but when his hand stayed put, she sighed and tried to tame her racing heart. She realized that, this entire time, they still hadn't communicated in anything other than body language.

She was trying to think of something to say to him when she noticed that Diana kept saying 'no' and giggling. Evie could tell that Vince's hand was near her hip. He was trying to take off her bikini bottom.

Evie debated saying something, but by the fourth 'no,' she knew she had to.

"Vince, leave her alone."

The singer stopped and turned to face her, looking offended and confused. "What?" He asked. "We're just trying to have some fun, Eva. You girls don't wanna strip?"