|A SUDDEN COLD|

[AUBREY'S POV]

A story about my past and a future that could've been a reality, but maybe it was better that way as I had seen it all. I was just shocked by all of this as I reached out for him as Sunny fell

"FOUR YEARS AGO."

It was a time when I truly felt down, I was crying that rainy night with one thing in mind as I ran away from home. I ran towards Basil's house as he was a friend of mine I made in school recently, he was a gentle and kind person that cared for others. He was so much different from how my parents were, they would always argue and it would hurt. Why would they do that? Didn't they love each other? My legs were getting tired and cold from all the running in this weather, it was getting hard to breathe as I couldn't catch my breath.

"How...much...farther..." I sputtered as I saw the green roofed house in the distance as each step suddenly felt a lot slower, time seemed to freeze as I felt my blood trickle through my veins. To what felt like a hour, I had finally reached the front door as I knocked frivolously waiting for someone to open it for me.

"Who is it?" The voice said as they opened the door, I looked at Basil who looked worried for me as I found myself lying on the ground the moment I closed my eyes and opened them again.

"AUBREY! Are you alright? Here, come inside already. I'll go get you a blanket and some hot chocolate." Basil said as the sounds slowly faded away, my eyes closed as the next thing I knew. I was in strange place that resembled the park in Faraway, expect that the sky was purple and the grass was also the same color. There was a person holding a yellow flower in the middle of the park as I walked towards him.

"Um...who are you? You kind of look like..." I began to say as the boy turned around, he was a few feet taller than me as I recognized who he was.

"Sunny? What are you doing here? And why are you so tall? And what's with the eyepatch?" I asked with curiosity as Sunny looked at me with a glum expression

"This...is headspace, a dream world. Or my dreams, I don't know how you got here but...I'm from the future if you believe me or not. I thought I died but...I guess I'm somehow neither dead or alive. It's nice meeting you though, I don't really know how long you can stay here for." Sunny explained as I stared at him in disbelief as every word that came out of his mouth seemed like nonsense but also was kind of believable in a way because he looked older than the Sunny I knew.

"I'll...believe you, so this is what you day dream about all the time? It's...pretty." I responded as it surprised Sunny as he smiled

"Thanks...but I'm here to warn you, when you go to get a hair cut on the day of the recital. Go to my house as fast as you can and try stopping a certain event from happening, you'll know once you get there. Please...save Mari." Sunny pleaded as the colorful world disappeared before my eyes as I woke up in Basil's house

"What...happened..?" I groaned as I covered my eyes from the bright light, I found Basil asleep beside me as I see his grandma come into the room.

"Oh, hon. You're awake? Do you feel better?" Basil's grandma asked as I nodded

"Well, here's something to for you just in case. I'll be taking Basil to his room." Basil's grandma said in a gentle tone as she handed me a cup that contained a brown liquid with white swirls in it. Was this to chocolate? It seems to have cooled down though...I took a sip as the refreshing chilly taste woke up my tastebuds as I chugged the drink down in one go. I was disappointed when there wasn't anymore though, would it be rude if I asked for another cup?

"I've finished putting him to bed, he was really worried for you. It looks like you want some more, am I right honey? Don't worry, I already made a batch of it. Here, give the cup to me while you wait." Basil's grandma said kindly as she took the empty cup away from me as she walked over to a pot as she poured the liquid in it into the cup.