|FRIENDS OR NOT|

|SUNNY|

"Sunny..?" Mari yawned as she smiled at her little brother, to her, this was like a wonderful dream.

"Mhm?" Sunny muttered as he smiled cheerfully, Mari was thinking about something but she was glad to have her brother back.

"So it really wasn't a dream...I'm glad your back little brother." Mari said happily as Sunny's eyes widened, he hadn't been called that in a long time as the nostalgia hit him. A tear dripped down his cheek as he wrapped his arms around his sister's neck, Sunny had forgotten how happy he could be with her. It was quiet as Mari hugged him back, it was relieving...comforting...and calm.

"So, Sunny. What have you been doing? I just wanna know...you don't have to tell me, but I would like to hear what happened to you." Mari said in a soft tone and gentle manner as she rubbed her brother's hair as he diverted his eyes to the ground before breathing in...and out...

"I don't want to talk about it yet...I promise I'll tell you." Sunny said benevolently as Mari smiled at his answer, she was relieved her little brother seemed to have forgiven her for what she did...and she forgave him too.

"Alright Sunshine...we should probably eat breakfast first, it'll only be cereal okay?" Mari said as Sunny nodded with a soft smile, Mari felt happy as they went to the kitchen where the dining table was. Mari got a milk carton along with two bowls before taking some cereal boxes out of the top cabinets as she poured the milk into the bowls before dumping the cereal in. This was their first meal together after a long time...they both glanced at each other as they smiled awkwardly as they ate in silence having nothing to talk about. After finishing their breakfast, Mari went to clean the bowls in the sink as Sunny joined in to help her.

"Oh, thank you Sunny." Mari said cheerfully as they quickly washed everything, they wiped their hands dry with a hand towel as they went to the living room.

"So...do you want to go outside with me? We can hang out in the backyard for some fresh air...and I still have your sketchbook if you want to draw." Mari said ardently as Sunny nodded

"Ok." Sunny responded as Mari smiled

"Then let's go look in our room, though you're bed's gone now since...wanna see the new changes?" Mari quickly said with a pause in her words

"Mhm." Sunny mumbled as Mari sighed, they went to the staircase as Sunny could feel himself remember the incident that day. Sunny could feel Mari trembling as she took a deep breath

"Let's go shall we?" Mari said as Sunny nodded, they took their first step, then another, and one more until they reached the top. Mari's breathing was a bit fast during that entire time as she looked back, there wasn't anymore hallucinations anymore. Mari sighed heavily as she felt drained of stamina before taking a look at her brother who was staring at her as she felt embarrassed and flustered

"Um...lets take a look okay?" Mari said hastily as they entered the room, Sunny gasped in awe as everything had changed. There were...many changes as the room gave off a different vibe, Mari went to a nearby drawer as she took out Sunny's old sketchbook which was lying inside it.

"Here Sunny, now let's head outside." Mari said with a cheerful smile as Sunny felt himself grinning as Mari was overjoyed at her brother's expression, they exited the room as they walked down the stairs and went back to the yard. 

{The wind blew past them as a refreshing chilly breeze enveloped them}

"Isn't it nice?" Mari asked in a lively tone as Sunny nodded with excitement, they ventured there backyard as they soon ended up at the tree house.

"You can climb up first Sunny, I'll catch you if you fall okay?" Mari said reassuringly as Sunny climbed up the ladder with ease as Mari was amazed but...

"Sunny?" A voice from inside the treehouse spoke as Mari remembered something, Mari quickly hurried up the ladder and...

"What..?" Mari gasped in confusion as somehow Aubrey was on top of Sunny as Aubrey got flustered as she turned to Mari

"M-Mari! It-I-" Aubrey was stammering as Sunny sighed in relief as he crawled away

"Never took you as the bold type~" Mari teased before checking on Sunny leaving Aubrey embarrassed as she broke down into a blushing mess

"Little brother..." Mari called out as Sunny didn't look at her, he instead was looking at old things in the treehouse. Though the atmosphere was a bit weird which made Sunny exit the treehouse as he climbed back down as he didn't want to talk with Aubrey as of now. He would have to go back now...Sunny started running as he jumped over the fence as he headed straight to the park as he took a look back but...no one was there. Then the pain he felt made him feel the guilt worse as he arrived at the park where he saw Gwen, Sunny sighed as he fixed his face before coming up to her.

"Oh, Omori. You're here, Elisa was worried because you didn't return yesterday." Gwen informed him as Sunny nodded

"Let's get a move on." Sunny said as he went to the usual location as Gwen was talking over a phone, they arrived at a warehouse where a truck was parked as Elisa noticed Sunny as she dashed towards him.

"Where the heck where you?!" Elisa yelled as Sunny sighed, he really didn't want to talk about this right now he thought.

"I'm fine, let's go back." Sunny responded as Elisa pouted, Benny was near the truck as he waved at Sunny.

"We heading back?" Benny asked as Sunny nodded, Denex was already in the front seat as Benny joined Sunny on the back of the truck. Elisa got into the car while glaring at Sunny who just ignored her, Gwen shrugged before getting into the car as they started driving off.