|I CAN'T HELP IT|

|MARI|

Conflicted, comprehension, understanding.

Perfect...eyes upon the world, my lingering thoughts in my mind, a head twist as I calmly pondered what to do.

Being...striving...standing...it was all too much.

Torn to pieces, wanting to give up.

But...that wasn't...a choice I could...afford anymore...

'The longer I go on about it...the less...options I see...'

I had thought...I had gotten over...my depression...my sorrow.

It would take a while...until we get used to this small change...that led to a bigger and...better life.

'Sunny...I...'

|SUNNY|

"Tap."

I knocked on the door lightly, feeling relaxed for the first time in forever.

'Kel is so giddy...'

He was excited, I wonder why...

"Creak!"

The door swinging open, Basil was here to greet us.

"Sunny! And..." Basil began to say cheerfully, before looking a bit red when he met Kel's eyes.

I wondered why that was, walking past them as I spotted Aubrey sitting alone in the living room...she seemed...to be in deep thought.

'...Pretty...'

But...could I ever be in love again?

|AUBREY|

...

'Ugh...there's nothing good...'

My mind wandering as I pondered about what to do, getting up and heading to the kitchen for a snack, I saw Sunny staring at me which made me feel a bit-stupid.

'Was he...watching me?'

Sunny waved at me, no, maybe he just got here.

'Don't reach conclusions that fast...'

My heart pounding out of embarrassment, I put on a smile to show I was fine.

"Sunny, when did you get back? Wanna get a snack with me?" I asked him to which he nodded, his silence was...comforting, it made me remember the past.

'The happy days....'

"Tmp."

Walking side by side, Sunny a bit in front, Kel was here.

'Huh...did Mari and Sunny go over to...'

A worrisome thought came to mind as I glanced over at Sunny who seemed to look okay, was he hiding anything?

'...Tsk, there's no way...'

Rummaging through the fridge, I got a apple to chomp on while sitting down at the table and categorizing my own thoughts.

'Sunny...'

I looked up at him, he was sitting across from me as he watched me, what was he doing?

"...Not hungry?" I asked curiously, was he not going to get something for himself?

"No..." Sunny's voice spoke barely above a whisper, his mumbling was...overall...

'...Hmph.'

"Suit yourself." I said while taking a bite of the apple in my right hand, the taste was a bit...sweet, but not too much.

'...This apple ain't that bad...'

|BASIL|

"..."

It was a really uncomfortable moment, Kel and I were just...talking a few minutes ago, weren't we?

'So why is it...that it's so awkward now?'

Our hands almost touching, sitting side by side while looking through the photo album, my long hair drooping down to the side as it brushed along Kel's arm.

'Oh...this...'

It was unbearable, it also felt hot, I only focused on the pictures as I didn't take anytime to look at Kel.

'This is so embarrassing now that we're both alone out here...'

It was the backyard, we were both sitting inside the treehouse which hadn't changed, I had just visited last week after all.

'Now that Sunny's back...it's kind of hard to talk about other topics without having it...'

"Basil...can I..." Kel began to say, I turned towards him as-