|FRIENDSHIP OR SOMETHING ELSE?|

EPISODE/CHAPTER 22
COURAGE AND REPORT

|SUNNY|

And so it had began, a well had passed and I was now staying here with Elisa in Mari's house, I bonded with my...older sister.

"Life here...is pretty nice." Elisa said to me with a calm expression, a small smile on her face as I nodded in my quiet demeanor.

'...Things have changed...'

Recently, Basil had gotten into a relationship with Kel, surprising me and many others...but I was happy for the both of them if that was what they wanted...

'...'

My mind pondering, the first thought, the first image or person that came to mind...was Aubrey, I wondered why...but never got the answer.

"..."

Staring at the ceiling while staying in bed, I didn't really feel like moving that much at all, Elisa was watching over me as Mari would soon come in to carry me.

'...I should get up...'

I thought, but I couldn't, maybe I was just too lazy to do anything...lacking motivation or purpose as I sighed heavily.

"Creak!"

'Mari's here...'

"Hey Sunny, you awake?" Mari asked, I slowly began to sit up as Mari flashed one of her cheerful smiles at me.

"Come on down for breakfast! Do you want me to carry you?" Mari said while I shook my head in response, Mari nodded and waited outside the door.

'...'

"Sunny, let's go." Elisa suggested, stretching her hand out to me as I took it, pulling me up as we followed Mari down the stairs.

'...Steps...'

This staircase was were it all began...

'Calm down...'

Moving, walking after Mari as we soon entered the kitchen, I went to sit down in one of the chairs as the food was already on the table.

'Bacon and egg sandwich...'

Picking it up, clasping the soft tissue of the bread as I brought it closer to my mouth, and then taking a bite.

"CHOMP!"

The texture was warm and gooey, the egg seemed to sliding downhill inside my throat, the crispy skin of the bacon and the taste mixing together.

'...Did Hero teach Mari how to cook?'

I thought whilst eating happily, Mari seemed to be smiling as she watched me eat.

'...Hm...'

Finishing my meal, I got up and looked at Mari.

"Could I...go over to Aubrey's?" I asked Mari who seemed ecstatic about it, "Sure! Wanna go together?" Mari said with a grin on her face.

"...Can I go alone?" I spoke shyly, yet I wanted to talk with Aubrey alone, ever since...

"...Alright, but stay safe, okay?" Mari said to me in a worried tone, I nodded as Mari saw me off.

'...If I plan to...then...'

I wanted to settle this, if this was truly just...

'Focus...'

Watching the road as I ran through the streets, heading towards Aubrey's house, I soon arrived after running nonstop for a while.

"Huff..."

'...I'm right in front of the door...'

A feeling of...nervousness developed inside of me, my heart aching as I knocked on the door, there was no response though...

'...Is Aubrey not home?'

I thought, she was probably hanging out with the hooligans then...

"Creak!"

The door swinging open, a brown haired woman stood at the entrance, that was...

"Oh, why aren't you..." Aubrey's mother spoke with a calm expression, I felt a shiver run down my back as I didn't know whether to run away or not.

"S-Sunny..." I responded, anxious yet still...

"Aubrey is out right now, if you're looking for her that is. Do you want to come inside?" She asked with a small smile, gesturing for me to go in if I wanted to.

'...No, you already made up your mind!'

So, with a simple nod, I entered Aubrey's home while she wasn't here.

'It's so...spacious...'

There was a lot of vast space, it seemed the living room was very large, and there was...a attic.

'...I've never been...inside Aubrey's house before...'

It felt as if...I was doing something...well, it was hard to explain in words other than the feeling that I was getting.

"Would you like something to drink, perhaps?" Aubrey's mother offered, I shook my head as she blinked before smiling.

"Then do what you have to, I'll be in the living room." She informed me before walking away, I took a glance back to see she was already gone...I guess I'll just have to venture onward...