|OH BOY, LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN|

|SUNNY|

"Chirp!"

The sunlight brimming through the small opening in the window, I felt the warmth of it brush upon me as I didn't feel like getting up anytime soon.

A pleasant feeling arose as I smiled while snuggling myself into a ball, but I felt something beside me...

'...'

My eyes slowly, ever so slightly, opening to see what I had made contact with as a figment of blonde hair covered my entire vision.

'...Elisa...?'

No, it was Basil, I mistook him for Elisa due to his long hair.

I glance behind me as Aubrey and Elisa were still asleep as so was Basil, since I was already awake, I might as well...

"Purrr..." I purred in a yawning manner, I was a bit sluggish right now, but...

"Shift."

Someone's hand caressed my hair as they rubbed my head, looking up, it was Mari.

"Shh..." Mari whispered with a finger on her lip, I nodded as I quietly got up from the sleeping bag after crawling out and stepping over Basil.

"...Feeling better?" Mari asked me with a smile, she looked...happier than yesterday, this time...it really wasn't a dream...so, with a nod of my head.

I had confirmed her thoughts as she smiled widely, smushing my cheeks with her hands as she poked them, patting them gently.

It was a nice feeling, then again...

'I wish it was like this...back then...'

"Let's take a stroll, maybe visit Hero and Kel...?" Mari suggested, I felt slightly worried something bad might happen...but...I would probably deserve it.

"Yeah..." I mumbled, I grabbed Mari's hand as I held onto it with a firm grip.

We walked out of the house as I haven't changed nor showered, I should probably do that later...then again...

'...Everything looks so...nostalgic...'

The roads, the houses we walked passed, memories flowed into my mind as we steadily made our way to Hero and Kel's.

'...Will...they forgive me..?'

I wanted to hear what they had to say, whether if it was hurtful or not, I would at least be at peace.

"Hey...it'll be okay..." Mari's kind and gentle voice echoed into my mind, relaxing the tension in my heart as I started to calm down from the comfort I now felt.

"Knock, knock."

Mari knocked on the door, we waited as we were greeted by...Kel.

'...'

A long silence, a unbearable and heartbreaking quiet atmosphere that made me feel a bit anxious.

"...C...Come on in." Kel said in a rather mature manner, he wasn't the same...I should've expected that ever since meeting Basil and Aubrey again who looked different from the past.

'Why was I expecting them to look the same...?'

Maybe it was because that I hadn't changed much, only grew taller...that's all...and got a burn...along with some cuts.

"...Sunny." Kel's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as the three of us were sitting at the dining table, it seems Kel wanted a explanation.

"I..." I began to speak, my throat caught something as I couldn't-it-my voice wouldn't escape from my mouth...

'...I'll ruin everything again...'

Negative thoughts lingered in my mind, I was nervous and feared about what might happen if I...

"YOU." A menacing voice spoke, I recognized it, it was-

"Hero?"