Chapter 2: Fashion Statement

Chapter 2

Fashion Statement

I heard a grunting noise and rolled over to see Tobias standing in the doorway with his arms folded. "Hi."

"You didn't dry your hair properly." His eyes flicked over to Sora who looked like his usual flawless self. 

I shrugged. "I stayed in the room at least." Combing it down, I climbed off the bed and went to the general. "Can we go home now?"

Tobias nodded. "We're done for the day."

"Thank god," I whispered, slipping past him.

"Language Raja." 

The emperor was leaning against the back of the couch. "Raja."

I bowed my head. "Sora is sleeping."

"Should I know about anything else?"

I shook my head. "We just watched a movie. We stay in the room, I promise."

"Hmmm...."

Tobias grabbed my hand and nodded to the Eric. "See you tomorrow." 

He led me into the hallway. We walked through the palace to the car waiting in front. Tobias opened the door for me and waved me inside. I grabbed a tablet from a compartment under the seat and selected a game. Tobias played with my hair as he checked his phone. 

"You're in the news again."

I froze and looked up at him sheepishly.

"For once, it's not for misbehaving."

The picture on the screen showed us at a government event. 

I scrunched up my face. "I hate that collar." 

Tobias laughed. "It looked nice on you."

"It kept getting caught in my hair." I motioned to the strings of crystals that looped down low in both the back and front. 

"You know who's fault it is for starting this trend."

I stared out the window. "They've taken it too far. A loose fitting collar is nothing like these. Look what Sora showed me it." I type it into my tablet and showed him the image. "It practically an outfit. Sora is thinking about asking the emperor for one." The chains draped down to a belt around the slave's waist. "He wants to wear it to the Emperor Banquet."

"I could get you one too. You'll also be attending the banquet"

"No thanks."

Tobias chuckled in my ear. "One wrong move and you'll get a peek of what's underneath." His hands slipped lower.

"I said no." I moved my skirt over my exposed thigh. 

"Why? You'd look nice in one."

"Wouldn't want to upstage the emperor's pet," I muttered.

Tobias chuckled. "It would give the gossip columnists something to write about, though."

"Tobias, don't." I pushed his hand off my knee. 

"For someone who's needs to be punished, I'd expect you to be seducing me."

"I don't want to do it in the car." I struggled to keep his hand off.

Tobias wrapped his arms around me and squeezed.

"Stop," I gasped. "You're crushing me."

"Why is it," he growled in my ear, "you decided to act like a savage when we're in public, and I only get the sweet Raja when we're alone?"