Chapter 29: The Final Beast

"So will you agree to come home with me?" Tobias ran his hand up and down my side while propping his head up on his palm.

I pulled the covered to my chin. "Yeah." Rolling over, I curled into his bare chest. "What about Nyko?"

"We won't leave him." Tobias laid down and clasped my cheek. "He'll come home with us, and I'll find him a good man. One that will take care of him, like Zev."

With a sigh, I closed my eyes, leaning into him. "He's been alone for so long. He deserves a good man."

"You've been alone too."

"Yeah." I yawned. I still didn't feel that great. Too much crying had given me a headache.

Tobias pulled the covers up to my shoulders. "Good night." He kissed my forehead.

I smiled. "Good night."

***

Tobias pulled his shirt over his head and fitted his arms through the sleeves. Once dressed, he walked around the bed and kissed me. "I'll arrange everything. Come with Nyko tonight." He brushed my hair away from my eyes and pressed his lips to mine.

I nodded.

"No more crying." He gave my head a gentle shake. "The only thing I ever feel truly guilty about is making you cry. So stop it," he teased. "I find the emotion annoying."

I tried not to smile.

"Bye." He kissed me one last time.

"Bye," I said softly with a wave as he walked to the door.

Nodding, he stepped into the hall. Letting out a deep breath, I flopped onto my side. I was really going to do this. I was going back to hell with the devil, well the general. Tobias, I was going back with Tobias. I twirled my hair around my finger. It shouldn't be that bad. The sex was great, at least. His personality was okay. He was fairly handsome too. I chewed on my fingernail. It wouldn't be that bad.

Someone knocked on the door.

I sat up as Nyko entered.

"So?"

A grin spread across my face.

Nyko raced across the room and jumped onto the bed. "Thank god, you finally figured it out."

"He wants us to meet him tonight."

The excitement left his eyes. Nyko bowed his head and sat back. "I can't go with you."

"Why? We can go with Tobias. The overlord said we could."

"He said you could. He'll never let me leave."

My eyebrows pinched together. "I'm not going without you. I promised not to leave you again."

"That was years ago, Raja. I'm fine. Just go and be with Tobias. You can finally be happy again, and forget about this."

"I won't go."

"You will," he said sternly. "You will leave this world and fix whatever Eadwyn has done and live a happy life. You deserve this." He grabbed my hands. "I'm not going to let you stay here."

I turned away from him. "So Tobias is telling the truth. Eadwyn did do something with my mind."

Nyko slapped a hand over my mouth. He leaned into my ear. "I risk losing mine if someone hears you." He moved away from me. "Make the choice yourself, but I won't be going with you." He slid off the bed and quickly left the room.

He would be going, because I was going to make him. We'd sneak out tonight, and the overlord wouldn't know we were gone until the next morning. I'm sure we'd be well on our way to hell by then.