Chapter 11: Gift from God

"Put this on." A man shoved a box into my arms, before handing another to Nyko.

I placed it on the bed and took off the lid. "This is Helix all over again." I lifted out the floor length shirt with long slits on each side.

Nyko took off the little amount of clothes he had on to being with and pulled on a red skirt that reached down to his ankles. He sat down on the bed to do up the sandals that came with it. Letting out a deep breath, I tossed the skirt to the side and went to the window.

"Raja?" Nyko gathered up his hair and draped it over one shoulder. "You should get ready."

Shaking my head, I stared outside at the new world my planet had become. "I'm done being a show piece. I put up with it because of Tobias. I won't do it with that man."

"Don't anger him, Raja." He clasped my shoulder. "Please."

I waved him off. "I'll take whatever punishment he has for me, but I won't do this anymore. I won't be a palace pet."

Nyko nodded and backed away with his head bowed. "Just be careful." He disappeared into the bathroom.

When they put me in that pod, I thought I was going home, but my home was gone. The only one who remained with Nyko. I rubbed my forehead. He had spent over 250 years alone, and it was my fault.

Nyko returned to the room a while later, adorned in jewelry and his hair done. "Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"Alright then." He gave me a small smile, before leaving.

Hovercrafts were flying back and forth outside. The people looked more like those from Helix than Sector 31. This Lord Eadwyn had truly tainted my homeland.

The door opened, and the horrid leader of this new world entered. He wore the same colored purple robes with gold trimming as yesterday. His elaborate shimmering suit was also gold beneath it.

"Did you not like the outfit I chose for you, Raja?"

I kept my eyes pointed out the window.

He moved closer to where I stood. "Can you see the crowd starting to gather?"

"No," I replied plainly. "All I see is a world that has been ruined."

Eadwyn laughed. "What a rare gem." He ran his fingers through my hair. "Now come along, it's time to get ready. They people have come to see the god's pet."

"God's pet," I scoffed. "Tobias is the devil, and he will kill you for this."

I gasped when my hair was yanked hard enough to send falling backwards. I knelt at the Lord Eadwyn's feet, cringing in pain.

"Not if he's dead." He released me.

Bowing my head, I blinked back tears. "My master will come and destroy all of this. Let me and Nyko go, and you can avoid being sent to hell."

He let out an over exaggerated laugh. "Stop talking, Raja." He lifted my chin, and his eyes met mine. "I know the great general is dead."

My mouth fell open. "You're not?"

"Do you like what I've done with the place?" He motioned to the window. "It was such a pathetic planet before I arrived here. Now look at it." Walking to the balcony door, he threw them open. "Glek will soon surpass even Helix." He turned sharply to me. "So get dressed, Raja. You have an event to attend."

I scooted up against the wall. "No. Do what you like, but I will not obey you."

He rubbed his temple with a sigh. "With a man like Tobias Hollins raising you, I shouldn't be surprised. Guards."