Chapter 14: Forget

~This chapter has an unedited version with a sexually explicit scene, which can be read for free on Radish Fiction, or on Wattpad in The Nitty Gritty which can be found on my profile~

The clanking of metal sounded down the hall. A figure stopped outside my cell.

I slowly sat up. "Nyko?"

The door opened, and he hurried to my side.

"Why are you here?"

He revealed a small jar tucked in the shawl draped over his shoulders. "I heard what you did, so when Lord Eadwyn summoned me, I grabbed this for you." Nyko unscrewed the cap and lifted my chin. Carefully, he spread the cream around the collar.

I gritted my teeth.

Once finished, he looked over the rest of my body. He spotted the bruise and rubbed some into it. "You shouldn't anger him like this."

"It's better than having sex with him."

"Why?" Nyko snapped, his eyes meeting mine. "Eventually, you will. So, why fight? Is being brought down here and tortured for hours really that much better than letting a man use you for a few minutes?"

"Yes," I said calmly. "I do not love him. Why would I ever submit to him?"

Nyko clenched his jaw. "The time of our people is over. There is no honor in his world. There's only survival. So, yes. I will lay with a man, woman, whoever Lord Eadwyn tells me too, because I have experienced what it's like when you don't submit." He swallowed hard. "I rather be willing than forced. The bruises don't take nearly as long to heal."

"Physically," I added in a quiet voice.

Nyko glanced around the room. "You've always been stubborn, Raja. A fighting spirit, trapped in a body that will never suit it. But I'm not like you. I don't want to see you in any more pain. I don't want to be alone."

I shook my head slowly. "I will not give into that man."

He nodded and stood. "Hide this," he gave me the bottle, "and good luck. He sent me here to convince you to submit, but nothing I say will ever change your mind." Taking off his shawl, he put it around my shoulders. "So if this is what you want, I hope you succeed." Nyko across the room and waved to the guard. The door opened, and he left, back to his life as a palace pet.

I pulled the shawl around me and lean back against the wall. It smelt like him. It reminded me of home.

***

"You've been rather resilient." The lord looked down his nose at me.

I kept my head lower from where I knelt on the floor with my hands shackled behind my back.

"I don't have time for this Raja. If you wanted to be defiant you should have done it before I made such a marvelous speech. One of my better bullshit session, honestly," he stated.

"Just tell them the devil plays tricks," I replied, "and his pet is the same."

"Very clever." He balled up his fist and punched me in the jaw.

I toppled to the ground, tasting blood.

"I hated Tobias for his personality, and you have the same one." He cracked his knuckles and squatted down by my head. "How did such an incapable man weasel his way into the position of general? Was the defeat of the Outer Rim Galaxy impressive, yes, but most of it could be accounted towards sheer dumb luck." He arched a brow. "But when everyone else who's remotely qualified for the position is dead, I guess it makes sense why they gave the position to him." Eadwyn stood. "I find it comical how quickly that damn planet goes through officers. The easiest way to get rid of someone is to promote them."

Crying out, I kicked off the wall and tried to bite his ankle.

Lord Eadwyn jumped out of the way. "Damn savage." He kicked me in the stomach.

Gasping for air, I rolled away from him. "He's a better man than you. His men want to follow him. Yours only do because they're afraid."

"Whatever works," he replied plainly. "The empire is run by two idiotic little boys. No wonder it's falling apart. Neither of them knows what they're doing. Eric will soon be joining Tobias from what I hear. The empire will fall, and the emperor will be executed, and finally his bloodline will be gone." He waved his hand through the air. "It's time we changed tactics. Stand him up."

They grabbed my upper arms and held me upright. Lord Eadwyn unlocked the collar and tossed it to the side.

He walked over to the cabinet and block my view with his body. "You're going to really like this. You'll be begging for a man to hold you. Nyko had it done once, and he's been very complacent since." He faced me holding a bottle and a rag. "I hope it does the same to you." Holding the rag to the top, he poured some onto it. "Deep breath, Raja."

***

It was hot. My skin was burning. Laying my head back, I slowly forced air in and out. I shifted my weight, the chains binding my hand rattling. The pressure was unbearable, I just wanted release.

I groaned arching my body. My heart was pounding, and my head was thumping to the same rhythm. The cell door opened. I tried to sit up properly.

"You know what to say, Raja?" His head fell to the side as he looked down at me in my pitiful state.

I smiled at him. "Just shoot me," I breathed. "Tell them you sent me back to hell."

"Are you ready to die over something so stupid?"

My head rolled forward. "Shot me or just let me die. If this kept up, my heart is going to stop anyways."

"Raja." Lord Eadwyn lifted my chin. "You know how to end it."

I shook my head. "It'll never end. I'll just keep fighting. This will just continue forever."

"Perhaps." His thumb brushed along my cheek. "I might not be able to make you submit, so I'll just make you forget.