Surprises

Note: This takes place before the last chapter
(I swear it will make sense)

I packed up the very last box. Time to say goodbye once again...

Apparently South Park needed a Lawyer since the other one got arrested for thievery. They promised my dad a better wage then he had here, so he decided to move, again.

My life had gotten better since I left South Park. I made new friends and they treated me better than him. I tried to not remember him. He was toxic, he was terrible. That's what I keep telling myself, but even I'm starting to be skeptical. He broke one tiny promise. Maybe my mind is amplifying it.

I sighed, walking into the living room. Ike was watching some TV while mom was packing up some picture frames.

"Bubba won't you go talk to your friends? They'll miss you." Sheila asked.

"I will, guess I'll make the time I have left here last."

Grabbing my coat, I walked out the door and started wandering to my best friend's house. I felt a stab of pain in my heart. Why did it hurt to call him my best friend?

I arrived at his house, knocking at the door. A tall boy with blond hair and an orange jacket answered.

"Hey Kyle!" He waved.

"Hey there Gregory." I stated gloomily.

"Why so down? We gotta make the most of it before you go!" He exclaimed.

I sighed, "Yeah, but I have some conflicting feelings about my old town... some old friends that I should probably settle things with."

"Well, why don't you?" He dragged me inside and sat me down on the couch.

"You gotta have their numbers on your phone, right?" He asked.

"Well yea-"

"Call them!" He interrupted.

Suddenly getting a jolt of energy from his optimism, I thought of the only person I could stand to call, Kenny.

I dialed in his number and waited until he picked up.

Kenny: Hello?

I was terrified to reply, but Gregory gave me a reassuring look.

"Hi, Kenny."

Kenny: Kyle?! Is that you? Oh my god it's been so long! Why'd you call?

"I actually called to tell you something..." I hesitated, "I'm um, moving back to South Park."

Kenny: WHAT?!?

"Yeah, uhm, I'm officially moving next Friday."

Kenny: It's been four years! Do you mind if I post this news?

"No, you can post it if you'd like."

Kenny: Thank you Kyle! Everyone's gonna be so happy that you're coming back! Stan's been missing you for years!

Stan.

I haven't heard his name since I moved.

"Yeah yeah, well um, I'll see you next Friday?"

Kenny: Alright! I'm so happy Kyle!

I hung up the phone, not sure what to feel. Gregory looked at me with proud eyes, and I felt a bit better. Maybe this move won't be so bad.

-Kenny POV-
I grabbed my phone and started to tell everyone about the news. Except for Stan. My gut just told me not to tell him, I don't know why.

-Timeskip-

We were at the bus stop.

I was arguing with Cartman like always, when Butters came up.

"Heya fellas! Did ya hear the news?" He asked.

I knew what news he was talking about, but I didn't want Stan to know.

"No, and I don't want to."

Thank god, Stan didn't care. Wait, why do I care?

-Timeskip-

Nice going Craig.

"WHAT?! How come I didn't know?" Stan asked, appalled.

Craig snickered, "Because you live under a rock. It's everywhere on evesdropper, and on every single group chat."

Stan quickly got out his phone and started scrolling, his eyes widening in shock as he saw the screen.

"What the fuck! I've checked my phone! I think-" He stated, "Kenny, did you know?"

I awkwardly shuffled.

"Well, I was kind of the one who spread it aroun-"

"HOW DID YOU KNOW?!" Stan yelled, bewildered.

"Kyle called me about it and told me."

"Oh my god." Stan was in complete shock.

"Calm down you guys- Hey! We should throw a party for Kyle when he comes back!" Clyde suggested.

"When does he come back?" Stan asked.

I answered him, "Next Friday."

-Stan POV-
I am a fucking idiot! My best friend is moving back and I had no idea! I feel... almost guilty for being left in the dark. I should be a better friend.

My mind kept racing to the last moment I talked to Kyle. We were at Stark's Pond. I broke our promise. We first met there, and Kyle said it was our place.

Wendy asked to go over there, and I couldn't refuse. Kyle was so hurt, and I felt so bad. He ignored me after that incident, he never even said goodbye.

"Stan? What do you wanna do for the party?" Clyde asked.

I had zoned out. Great.

"I- I don't know? Maybe card games? Kyle liked those." My attempt at acting normal was bad, because everyone knew something was going on.

"What's up with you? I thought'd you'd be happy that Kyle's returning." Craig questioned.

"I am happy it's just- we had a fight before he left and, I don't know if we'll be on the best terms." I admitted.

"And how long ago was that?" Craig asked.

I muttered, "Four years."

Craig rolled his eyes, "And you think he'll hold a grudge for four years?"

"I don't know! Maybe? He might not even be the same person!" I yelled.

Craig sighed, "Dude, Kyle is still Kyle, you just need to chill out."

I nodded my head, he was right. I'm getting way too worked up over this.

After the campfire we all got into our respective tents. I set myself an alarm because I needed to get home before my parents found out I left.

I tried to sleep but all that was on my mind was Kyle. How much would he have changed? Does he even still want to be my friend anymore? My mind was racing with questions. Soon, I heard shuffling.

"Mrph Mrph? Stan, are you still awake?"

I can see Kenny put the parka back on.

"Yeah, but why'd you put the parka on?" I asked.

"Mrph Mrph. I've slept in it my whole life. It's what I know and it helps me get to sleep."

"Makes sense." I replied.

"Mrph Mrph? Now are you gonna tell me why you're still awake?" He pondered.

"It's Kyle dude, I can't get him off of my mind. I'm just so scared he'll hate me!"

"Mrph Mrph. Stan he's the same Kyle you've always known. Also, don't say it like that, sounds pretty gay if you ask me."

"Shut up Kenny! You're the gay one here."

Why did that feel...

Right?