Friends

I woke up in a room I didn't recognize. Someone was next to me.

I felt so comfortable... like I should never leave. Suddenly, memories of last night fogged my mind. I got drunk. Stan gave me some water. I pushed him over and I-

OH MY GOD!

I kissed Stan! What the fuck was I thinking?! Well clearly I wasn't thinking. What did he do? I can't remember.

I shot my head up and looked around. Stan was in the bed with me, sleeping peacefully. I carefully got up and went towards the bathroom. I splashed some water in my face. My head was pounding.

I got out my phone. Oh shit, my mom was probably wondering where I was last night. I opened up my texts. Apparently I sent her a text saying I was staying over at Craig's house? Well I'm guessing that's where I woke up.

I exited the room and climbed down the stairs. I heard chatting from the kitchen and peeked my head around the corner. Tweek was sitting down sipping some coffee while Craig and Tolkien were talking. I walked in and tried to play it cool.

"Hey there Kyle! Welcome back to South Park! You got pretty drunk last night dude." Tolkien greeted me.

"Yeah, I have a pretty bad hangover. What happened?" I asked.

Craig shrugged, "Not sure, I just know that you were drunk and Stan was helping to take care of you. He was trying to give you water and everything."

"Man now I feel bad.." I admitted, "I got so wasted because I've been having a rough time. But thanks guys, this conversation has helped. I imagine us as real friends again."

Tolkien laughed, "We'll always be your friends, Kyle! We never stopped being your friends. Just call it a- break. It might be a bit awkward at first but we'll always have your back."

I nodded my head. It felt nice to actually have friends here again. In my old town Gregory was my only friend.

Soon, I heard footsteps. I saw a tired looking Stan lazily walking toward the kitchen.

"Hey guys." He said.

His morning voice gave me butterflies. It was so... never mind.

When Stan saw me he suddenly perked up and attempted to act energetic. I guess stuff was still awkward between us.

Tweek waved, "He- Hey Stan!"

Stan waved to Tweek and sat down in one of the seats. His hair was so perfectly imperfect. What is happening to me?

I awkwardly shuffled in a corner, still not too comfortable with these people yet.

Ding!

Stan's phone went off. He pulled it out and looked at the screen.

"Ugh." He whined.

"What's up with you?" Craig asked.

"I gotta go, my mom's worried." Stan replied.

This was the perfect time to say I also had to go.

"Uh- I-"

"Yeah Kyle, you'd probably better go too. We remember your mom all too well." Craig laughed.

"Heh, yeah." I grabbed my coat and started walking over the the front door. Stan grabbed my wrist.

"Kyle, wait up! We're going home at the same time right? Let's walk together." Stan suggested.

"Okay." I complied.

Stan and I were walking together on the sidewalk. There was a complete awkward silence between us.

"So, uh- about last night." He started.

My face flushed completely red.

"Do you remember anything?" He asked.

"I- I uhm, I remember you giving me water, that's about it." I lied. Fuck! That was smooth.

"Nothing about-"

"Nope! Nothing else!" I blurted out.

"Well alright." Stan reluctantly stopped asking any more questions.

Finally, we got to my house. He said goodbye and I walked into the kitchen. Nothing sounded appealing, so I went upstairs to take a shower. My head was pounding.

I decided to go to my room and take a nap, maybe it'll make things better.

-Stan POV-
I guess Kyle didn't remember him kissing me. Maybe he was just drunk after all, he didn't like me like that.

I sighed, stepping up to my house and entering it. Shelly was watching some stupid TV show while mom was making breakfast.

"Stanley where were you?" She asked.

"A friend's house. We slept over." I replied.

"Well next time tell me where you're going! I am your mother after all."

I went up to my room. Of course I blew it! The chance I had to talk to Kyle about what happened before he came here. I just needed to talk to him. I pulled out my phone.

Stan: Kyle do you wanna meet somewhere and talk? Like either my house or yours?

...

No response.

I tried calling him, waiting for him to pick up. I sighed and knew I was gonna have to do this the old fashioned way.

I left my room and grabbed my coat. I ran out of my house and ran to Kyle's.

As soon as I arrived at his house I knocked at the door.

"Oh hello Stan! It's been so long since I've last seen you? Are you here for Kyle?" Sheila asked.

"Yes Ma'am." I responded.

"He's in his room."

"Alright, thank you Mrs. Brofloski." I ran up the stairs and busted into Kyle's room. He was laying there, asleep. I closed the door behind me and sat on his desk chair. I wasn't gonna wake him up then ask him all sorts of questions. I pulled out my phone and waited for him to get up.

-Timeskip-

Kyle started to stir, and I heard the blankets rustle.

"Kyle?" I asked.

He turned to me, startled.

"You're probably surprised why I'm here." I admitted, "But I really wanted to talk to you."

Kyle slowly got up and shifted to a sitting position on his bed. "A- about what?" He looked nervous.

"Four years ago, when I broke the promise..."

"Oh yeah, yeah." Kyle remembered.

I sighed, "Kyle I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking, and I regret it deeply. I just want to be your friend again, and Stark's Pond can be our place again."

"Oh Stan, I accept your apology. I've missed you so much!"

Kyle got up and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back, oh how I hoped this moment would never end.

He pulled away.

"Stan?"

"Hm?"

"Are you and Wendy still dating?"

"..."

"Stan?"

"We just broke up."

"I'm so sorry Stan. That must've been tough."

"It's okay Kyle. You being my friend again helps more than you think."

"Really?"

"Yes Stan."

I wanted to say something. I wanted to say that he helped me more than a regular friend would...

"Kyle?"

"Yes?"

"Are you gay?"