Invitation

I choked on my saliva. WHAT?! Stan just asked if I was gay?

"U- uhm- was it that obvious?" I asked him.

"No, don't get me wrong, you hide it well. But, I just had a feeling." He said.

I just started at Stan, bewildered. He noticed.

"I'm bisexual dude."

I laughed, "So we're both homosexuals?"

Stan blushed. That came out wrong, fuck.

I was flustered, "I- I meant like- like in a- a platonic way! Heh.."

Stan stared at me.

I stuttered, "Heh uhm, do you want- to like, stay over tonight?"

"Sure thing Kyle." He responded.

He walked away, going to the bathroom.

What just happened? That was so awkward! I just wanna go crawl in a hole and die.

Stan got out of the bathroom.

"What do you wanna do?" He asked.

"Wanna play a video game?"

"Fuck yeah!" He yelled.

Hopefully we can put this awkward situation behind us...

-Timeskip-

After playing for five hours, Stan and I were getting bored.

"Wanna go to Stark's Pond?" He asked.

The last time I went there I screamed my face off at Stan. Not a very happy memory.

"Okay." I replied.

We both got up and put on our respective jackets and boots.

Stan and I were walking on the sidewalk, just like old times. He started humming to an unfamiliar tune, but at the same time it was very comforting.

Later, we arrived at Stark's Pond. I looked around the landscape, it hadn't changed a bit. The same reflective surface, and the same green evergreen forest surrounding it.

I must've made an expression because Stan responded.

"You still remember the view?" He asked.

"Y- Yeah." I said breathlessly. This place was magical.

Stan laughed, "No wonder you wanted this place to be ours... it's so special."

I blushed. Our place.

We both sat down in the snow, sitting close to each other, very close.

Stan looked out to the water, his eyes bright with wonder. His black hair was brushing his face, moving slightly with the faint breeze. Why do I feel like this?

After staring at the pond for what felt like forever, I finally spoke.

"Y'know, I missed this. And everyone here is so nice, it's like I never even left at all."

Stan glanced over at me, "It's because you didn't leave. Or at least, you never left our hearts."

Right when he said that, Stan grabbed my hand and held it up to his chest. I felt my face get hot. What the fuck was he doing?

Stan took my hand from his chest and set it down on the snow. I was waiting for him to release my hand from his grasp, but he never did. We just sat there, holding hands looking out at the pond in silence.

"Kyle, have you ever liked a guy?"

I choked on my own spit. WHAT?!

"I- cough I uhm-" I replied awkwardly.