Drunk

I stood around for a bit. I wasn't in the mood to drink, I just wanted to talk to Kyle.

I decided to man up and just go talk to him. It's not like I would make any progress just sitting here.

"Hey Craig, have you seen Kyle?" I asked.

Craig shrugged, "Dunno man."

Great. I walked away and tried to spot him. Soon enough, I saw Kyle in a corner drinking some pretty strong alcohol. Uh oh.

I ran over to Kyle.

"Kyle are you drunk?" I asked.

"No- *hic* Nope!" He smiled.

God dammit! The one night I got the courage to talk to Kyle he goes and gets wasted.

I sighed, "Kyle come on, you need to lay down."

Kyle shook his head, "Noo, please don't! I want to stay and *hic* partyy!"

I grabbed Kyle by the wrist and dragged him to Craig's room.

"Kyle. Stay here. I'm going to go and get you some water."

I walked downstairs and got some bottled water from the fridge. When I got back to Craig's room, Kyle was nowhere to be found.

"Oh for fuck's sake Kyle!" I needed to find him.

I walked to Craig's sister's room and looked around. No Kyle... then I walked into his parent's room. I checked under the bed and in the bathroom, no Kyle her-

"AAH!" I screamed. A hand had come out of the closet and pulled me in. I looked back and I realized it was Kyle.

"Kyle what the fuck?!" I yelled.

Kyle giggled. "I *hic* I tried to prank youu!"

I grabbed him by the jacket and dragged him to Craig's room again. I sat him on the bed and told him to drink the water.

"No!" He pouted.

I was getting impatient. "Kyle would you drink the god damn water?"

Kyle smacked the bottle out of my hands.

"Kyle!" I bent down and picked it up, "you're making me do this!" I told him.

I opened the bottle and put it to his lips, forcing him to drink it. He tried to fight at first, but eventually gave up and started to sip at the water.

I sighed, "There, was it that hard?"

Kyle shook his head.

Just then, Craig came in the room.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked.

I blushed, "No! Kyle just had a few too many drinks and I gave him some water."

Craig laughed, "Dude, I was just joking, you're the straightest guy I know-"

I zoned out.

Straightest guy...
Why did that feel so wrong?

"-and now Clyde has to leave early." Craig finished.

"Yeah, yeah." I responded.

Craig looked as me suspiciously, "You doing okay dude?"

"I'm fine." I smiled. Apparently that was believable, because Craig left Kyle and I alone.

This was all strange. Whenever Kyle was brought up I got butterflies. Is this normal?

"Stann, come here." Kyle held his hands out, grabbing the air. I walked over to him when suddenly he fell over on top of me.

Oh my god.

Kyle's hands were on my shoulders! His sparkling green eyes wide with anticipation.

"Kyle what the f-"

My words were cut off when Kyle pushed his lips onto mine. His were so soft, even though he reeked of alcohol. I laid there, my eyes wide with shock. Finally, Kyle pulled away.

The realization of what just happened hit me like a bus. Kyle just kissed me. Kyle just kissed me!

My stomach was tingling. My heart felt full. What is this feeling? Was it love? No, I told myself. I was in love with Wendy and I never felt like this. But I stopped to question myself, Did I actually love Wendy? Yes! She was the only love I'd ever known, right?

My mind was racing with so many questions. But then, I remembered. Kyle was drunk. He wasn't acting rationally. Even if I was in love with him he wouldn't love me back.

I breathed. Calm down Stan. I looked at Kyle.

"Dude, we should probably get you home." I said.

"NO!" He responded, "My mom'll kill me if she found out I drank!"

I sighed, "Then I'll ask Craig if you can stay here tonight. Text your mom that we're all having a sleepover or something."

Kyle proceeded to pull out his phone and struggled to type out a text to his mom. I walked downstairs. The party seemed to have died down.

"Craig?" I asked him.

"Huh?"

"Do you mind if Kyle stays the night? He's pretty wasted and his mom's kinda strict."

He shrugged, "Sure, I was gonna sleep on the couch anyways. Tweek and Tolkien are staying over- thanks to my parents being on vacation."

"Thanks dude." I replied.

"Wait Stan, do you wanna sleep over too? It's pretty late." Craig asked.

"Thanks Craig! And sure!" I thanked him and ran up to Craig's room. Kyle was there, still trying to text his mom. I yanked the phone out of his hand and proceeded to finish the text. I dragged Kyle into the bed and covered him with the blankets. He was out in two seconds flat.

Now I faced a dilemma. I could either sleep in the same bed as Kyle, or I could sleep on the floor. We didn't have school tomorrow so good sleep wasn't that important, but I still wanted to lay in the bed.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I always keep a spare brush on me just in case I stay over. I looked in the mirror and splashed some cold water on my face. I guess I finally had to admit something to myself.

I, Stan Marsh, like Kyle Brofloski.

I sighed and walked over to the bed with Kyle in it. I pushed him over and got under the covers. Kyle was breathing deeply, so I guessed he wasn't waking up anytime soon. I sat up and watched some random videos. Finally, I ended up drifting off to sleep, Kyle right by my side.