Future

I sleepily got up and checked my phone. Tolkien wanted to go camping down at Stark's Pond. Just like we did a couple months ago, before Kyle arrived.

We've done a lot in the span of that time, and it made me reflect on old memories. The party, that weekend, the other party, Kenny's weird pyramid scheme, and the water park.

It's been great. I texted him that I'd be there.

The second I sent it, however, my door opened to reveal a sad looking Kyle.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He sat on the bed next to me, "Gregory doesn't want to be my friend anymore, said he wants to find new ones."

I sighed, "Kyle, there are gonna be people like that. The best thing you can do is move on."

He gave me a little smile, but it turned back to a frown.

"Tolkien wanted to go camping at Stark's Pond? Wanna come?" I suggested.

Kyle's face lit up, "Our place?"

"Our place." I said comfortingly.

He smiled and hugged me tightly.

"Oh Stan, I'm so sorry for getting mad at you for bringing Wendy there all those years ago. That place shouldn't just be for us, it should be for the people we care about too."

I chuckled, "It's okay, but I'm glad you realized it. That place really is something magical, isn't it? We fished there, camped, lost our virginity-"

"What?! You list your virginity there? Well, I did too but like, you never slept with Wendy?"

I scratched the back of my head, "Well, she kept pushing but I laid down the line. No sex until marriage."

He looked at me, "Clearly broke that rule."

I laughed, "So, more about the camping trip..."

—Timeskip—

It was that time again, to set up the tents and get the fire going.

Everyone was there, Tolkien, Clyde, Butters, Kenny, Cartman, Tweek, Craig, Kyle, and myself. It seemed like everything was perfect.

We got out the movie projector and watched stupid movies until our heart's content.

Once we all sat around the fire, we all told ghost stories while we roasted marshmallows to make s'mores.

Kyle put his together and took a huge bite. There was some gooey marshmallow stuck on his nose.

I chuckled as I took it off, Kyle blushing at the act.

I sighed at looked at everyone. Craig was laughing with Tweek, Cartman was arguing with Clyde, Tolkien was trying to calm them down, and Kenny and Butters were talking.

Everything was how it should be. Right at this moment. Except... for one thing.

I grabbed Kyle's wrist and dragged him over to a very secluded part of the lake.

"Why'd you bring me over here?" He questioned.

I looked into his beautiful green eyes, "Because I love you so much."

He rolled his eyes, "Oh Stan, stop being so cliche."

I laughed, "I'm not cliche, I swear."

I brought his lips to mine and kissed him passionately, trying to take in as much of this memory as I could.

We both looked out at the pond, marveling in its glory.

"Look at how the stars reflect on the surface!" Kyle yelled in awe.

"Look at the one that looks like me." I said sarcastically.

Kyle laughed, "I mean, you're not wrong."

I playfully punched him.

After staring at the sky for a bit, I turned to him again, "Kyle, do you ever think about the future?"

He looked at me in confusion, "Not really? Why do you ask?"

"Y'know Kyle, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know it's too early to propose, but I would if I could." I told him.

"Why's it too early to propose?" He asked me.

"Because-"

"Because of 'standard' rules?" He laughed, "If you want to spend your whole life with me, why not do it now?"

"Well, I don't have a ring." I argued.

He chuckled, "You don't need a ring silly, just ask me."

"Kyle, will you marry me?"

He laughed, "Yes Stan, I will marry you- once we get out of high school that is."

We both hugged each other tight.

"Kyle, I'm so glad you made this our place, it's so comforting and beautiful, just like you."

"Oh Stan," he cooed, "I love you so much."

We separated from the hug, and I grabbed his hand. We both held each other tightly.

"Guys! Get over here! We need some help setting up the tents!" Kenny yelled.

I sighed, "Well, time to get to work."

Kyle smiled, "I'll work any day, as long as it's here."

We got up and stepped back, walking over to the campsite, still holding hands.

It was funny, how this whole thing started with me bringing Wendy here, but now, I was with Kyle and all of my friends were here.

We all set up the tents and eventually went to sleep, but I was still outside, looking out at the fire.

Craig poked his head out of his tent, "You gonna get to sleep?" He asked me.

"I will soon." I told him.

I guess it was enough because he zipped up the tent and went back to sleep.

I looked back at the lake, something about it was so magical.

I'm so glad that we made this the place where our relationship lies on.

The place where everything important has happened.

The place where our future will lie.

Our place.

The End!

Thank you for reading! It's been great to see your guy's opinions on this book, and it'll help me create better ones in the future! I hope you liked the story, and I'm very glad you stuck around until the end.

Also, thank you to everyone who commented and favorited this fanfic! It was great waking up in the morning to see that people actually liked my writing. I want to thank you so so much but I don't know how to express it through words. Just- THANK YOU!

It's been a journey writing this and I'm so happy about it. One last time, thank you to everyone who has read it.