Chapter One - I'm Mallory Bagans

The true paranormal has never frightened me, never drove me away from wanting to know more; however, the darker parts of the paranormal what people would call demons, attachments or murderous spirits do give me chills no matter how many times I've dealt with them. Now having anxiety disorders while being a paranormal investigator and medium, well that can suck from time to time. Granted I don't have anxiety all the time, but I do get flare ups and they can seem super bad, but to me physically they are just annoying like a mosquito or fly buzzing around my body in all honesty.

Hi, I'm Mallory Elizabeth Bagans, younger sister to you guessed it, the Zachary Alexander Bagans, the head of the famous show 'Ghost Adventures.' My brother has been obsessed with the paranormal for a very long time, he'd run into what he called a spirit or maybe even an apparition; whatever it was or well has got it's claws hooked deep inside him for more. Hell, it's got it's claws into the both of us for different reasons of course, I am after all a medium along with being a wiccan or 'witch' I think most people call us nowadays without the burning at the stake thing. Delving into the spiritual planes has had my full attention for so long, even as a kid I knew that I was special, knew that I could see and hear things others couldn't.

When Zak officially found out what I could do, how I worked, well he didn't hesitate to add me to the crew after about two seasons on the Travel Channel with their approval of course. Not that he didn't believe me when I first discovered the spiritual part of what I had become. In reality he thought I did a lot of hoodoo things for fame, money or even attention but the one time he'd ask me to sit in on a Lockdown at a jail well that's when the real deal of what I could do officially bowled him over.

Not only was he impressed, but Nick and Aaron were too, hell I even impressed myself. Granted not that what I do works every time I call upon whatever spirit I'm seeking or feeling; I guess that's why Zack was a skeptic in what I do for work running my own Spiritual shop which includes tarot and palm readings, seances and crystal work. When the other two men on the team had met me, they weren't sure about what I could do, even after the lockdown at the jail was over, they were still either in awe or in denial; but I mean how could people like them be in denial while believing in the paranormal?

The three men along with their video tech Billy, had shown me how to work a camera with night vision, thermal imaging, the SLS, EVP along with the spirit box which they just recently started to use. That morning I was up early to pack my bags, we were headed for our next lockdown, I didn't go to every lockdown of course, but the more I was on screen the more our viewings went up either it was because I'm a girl drawing in male fan base or something else, I can't be sure. Maybe it's the power a woman can have in an element like ghost hunting, hell a woman can hold a lot power in my opinion and should this day in age.

Originally Zak wanted to just straight drive to our surprise location, booking motels along the way but the remaining three of us convinced of the time of travel to get there (even though I had no clue where the location is), my phone rings interrupting my thoughts and I grab it from the nightstand pressing it between my right shoulder and ear, "yeah?"

"Hey Maleficent," comes Aaron's booming voice and I can't help but roll my eyes, this is another ploy at a new nickname, I mean I actually like it, but I'm not telling him that, that would give the man more power, "hey bigfoot, what's going on?"

"You about ready?"

"Uh in about ten minutes or so. I'll be good to go."

"Sheesh," he grunts then laughs, "typical woman."

"Hey, I don't take as long as Zak getting ready," I argue while pulling a few shirts out of my dresser and tossing them into my bag not to concerned about wrinkles I'm not that big of a girly girl, "I mean he's worse than a girl."