Chapter 20 - Bagans shall fall

On the hour-long ride to our outdoor shoot I check social again seeing a bunch of likes for my post earlier most of them are fans, some of the people know my brother and others that I've met during my work.

@AaronGoodwin: I hope you're ready for all the mayhem and road farts

@Zak_Bagans: way to make an impression dude, God what does she see in you?

I chuckle to myself as a few fans question Zak's comment, wondering if Aaron and I are in a relationship, but none of us confirm it until I scroll some more finding a few minutes old post from Aaron.

@AaronGoodwin: I can't even begin to explain the way I feel right now, welcome to the GAC team and to my heart, @MalloryGhostBagans

Underneath that is an unedited version of the photo that Ash just took, his eyes staring into mine as if he needs me to live. My heart beats so fast against my ribs that it almost hurts, how can something like this? Someone like this make me feel this way already? I mean our relationship isn't even 24 hours old and yet I feel like we've been together for years rather than hours. My face is hot with embarrassment and happiness, Aaron is sitting in the front of the van but from time to time I can feel his eyes come back my way. My phone almost blows up with Twitter comments, Skye messages me then too, she's in the equipment car with Ash and a few others.

Skye: Why didn't you say anything?!?

I smile then reply feigning ignorance.

Me: Say what?

Skye: About you and Aaron dummy! Don't try and be coy with me!

I can't help but laugh out loud, she is going to wring me for details the moment we get a break in the photoshoot or she'll corner me at home; sighing a little I text her back that we'll talk later after this is all said and done.

Skye: You better young lady, you have some esplainin' to do!

This time I can't help it I crack up laughing to the point that it hurts; the whole van has gone silent staring at me as I wipe tears from my face trying to avoid wiping away Skye's masterpiece on my face. Without saying a word I duck down a little out of view using the backpack to prop my feet up and I'm laying down in the last row of the van; according to Zak when we went to leave the office Ash had found a great industrial place to take our final shots and do some footage. Billy and Jay had packed equipment to use in these photos and videos, I'm not sure why we didn't at the office shoot, but I didn't ask questions it's not my place to really do that at least.

The air is dusty when we all leave the parked cars, Skye grabs my arm and bag gesturing to a large makeshift changing area someone just put together; "in now," she orders but I can hear the curiosity in her tone as I do what she says. The inside of the place is small and tight, but she doesn't care bolstering right into it while pulling a change of clothes out for me, "so spill!"

"I told you we'd talk about it later," I grunt pulling my current shirt off, "didn't I?"

"Yeah, but I can't wait that long," she mutters holding out the new shirt for me, "come on please?"

I roll my eyes while pulling on the new garment, this one has slits over the cleavage area and is solid black, on the back there's slits too but in shapes of wings thankfully I have on a burgundy-colored undershirt shirt which makes the wings stick out more. Skye pulls dark blue denims out as I strip out of my black ones, outside the small changing area I can hear muffled words, grunts and equipment shifting across the ground.