Chapter 7 - Girls Night

Zak and I don't say anything more and as Bacon pulls into the community and past a few houses mine comes into view, Skye's car is already parked behind my own car and I roll my eyes with a groan the woman wasn't kidding about coming over. Several lights are already on in my house which includes the porch light, I hope she knows that I have work tomorrow and that it's already after 11 but then again she's a super heavy night owl compared to the rest of us. That is unless we're on lockdown and the rest of us sleep a lot during the day afterwards; I wish I could have slept longer and had a chance to actually eat something before flying home. Getting out of the car I slam the door shut ignoring the first few words coming out of my brother's mouth, the carryon bag goes over my shoulders as I hear Bacon popping the trunk for me to get my suitcase.

I step back on the sidewalk to head into my house, "Mallory!" Zak half shouts and I turn to look over my shoulder, "what?"

"Don't forget tomorrow after you get off work to come to my place," he says, "so we can review footage and go over voice recordings and stuff so Billy can put it all together."

"Yeah sure," I mutter and turn away not having much more to say to him. I know I'm being childish about the whole thing with my crystals but damn it he pisses me off. He never made a rude comment to my face about my religion or what I do for work but the fact that he mocked the crystals that actually work for me well that really got to me. Before I can touch the door handle to my house the damn thing swings open and light bathes over me as Skye shouts, "MALLY!!" her long arms go around my body and my backpack pressing it into my spine. That stupid nickname rings in my ears, she gave it to me the first time we hung out together, I couldn't sway her from it, so I've done my best to keep from allowing the guys to hear of it.

Aaron is bad enough trying to coin nicknames for me, although I do like Maleficent from time to time now and Zak obviously calls me Mal, most people that know me do too which isn't so bad. Skye's an athletically built woman at almost 6', with long dark almost black locks with shaved sides of her hair. Today she has the long parts of her hair braided Viking style lying over her shoulder showing off her fierce cheekbones and bright green eyes; she looks like a badass but is a real softy at least when it comes to me, "hey Ky," I mutter which is a nickname she approved of instantly.

When she pulls back to look at me, my hair is in its messy ponytail, eyes heavy with still much needed sleep which makes her frown slightly, "you don't look so good girl," she admits then pulls me into the house closing the door behind her.

"I feel terrible," I admit.

"Come sit down," she gestures to my large sectional couch, dark blue and comfortable as hell. I've fallen asleep on it so many times nowadays, "I brought wine AND," her hand fishes into her bag pulling out a small baggie with several large green and purple hued lumps. Figures she'd get her hands on some bud rather than the vape stuff she generally uses, "you look like you need it."

"I might actually indulge with you this time," I mutter and she claps her hands in excitement, "you must be exhausted to want to join me for once."

"This shit will mellow me out right?" She nods, "absolutely, but first we're going to eat and talk, okay?"

"I don't know how much talking I have in me man," I admit, "but I'll try."

She sits down beside me while reaching for the remote and flipping open a pizza box that I failed to notice; the smell is instant in my nose making my stomach practically roar with hunger.

"A little birdie told me," she licks her lips while pulling a few slices up, "that you hadn't eaten yet."

"More like hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours," I admit, "and who told you?"