fifteen

ON THE FIFTEENTH of October, at approximately seven minutes past eight in the morning, Evelyn was stuffing copious amounts of clothing into her duffle bag when she heard a knock on the door

ON THE FIFTEENTH of October, at approximately seven minutes past eight in the morning, Evelyn was stuffing copious amounts of clothing into her duffle bag when she heard a knock on the door. She shouted out, telling them to hold on, as she squished the bag tight and managed to zip it up with a sigh. She ran towards her apartment door.

"Hey," she breathed out as she leant against the doorframe, watching Arthur study her tired figure with a quirked brow and a growing smile.

"You good?" He asked curiously, pressing his fingers together by his sides.

"Yeah, yeah, all good," the blonde nodded as she opened the door further and walked back towards her bag on the floor, allowing the man inside.

"I did tell you we were staying one night, right?" The brunette asked worriedly as he eyed the bag sitting by his friend's feet. Evelyn shot him a look as she moved towards the kitchen, tipping the remainder of her tea down the sink.

"Please tell me you're not judging my packing," she mumbled.

"No . . . I'm more so questioning the amount you need," he grinned with a tilt of his head while he bent down and picked it up. "Jesus, what's in this thing."

"Oh, don't worry, I can take it," she hurried as she left her mug in the sink and moved towards him. He only firmly shook his head with a bright smile, hiding the duffle bag behind his back smugly.

"I got it," he said quickly. "You lead the way."

Evelyn stopped for a moment, almost questioning him, before letting it go. As she walked past him, her hand brushed his shoulder in a movement of gratitude, before she locked her apartment after the man.

"So . . . where are-"

"Nope," Arthur stopped her verbally as they waited for the elevator to stop on their floor. "You already know I'm not telling you."

"If I gave-"

"No," he quickly said, laughing. "I'm not telling you, full stop."

She shook her head at him before the ding of the elevator arriving filled their ears. She stepped inside with a click of her heels, her tongue poking the inside of her right cheek. "You're no fun."