twenty seven

A BROKEN HEART is defined as a feeling of great sadness, especially when someone you love dies or does not love you. It's a metaphor, symbolic and parallel to some wretched people. Some say you can die from a broken heart. It's like a shadow in the way it's dark and often referred to as carrying the burden of negative emotions, never leaving and always attached. It causes feelings of distress, and grief, and despondency. It causes pain.

Evelyn Bradshaw did not love many people. While yes, she loved the idea of it, she held the strong feeling close and remained wary. Like a glass she was too scared would break. She loved her mum. She loved Leona. She loved George. And maybe, even, yes, she loved Arthur, but then? Now? Did she really love a man that couldn't even kiss her? Did she really love a man that didn't love her back?

It had been two days. Two long, dreadful days since that one text had been sent through. A text. The text. How can such a harmless, little thing cause such destruction?

Evelyn didn't know if she had a broken heart. She found herself sitting on the couch in her apartment hour by hour, contemplating all the decisions over the past few months that had led to the night two days ago. The night. Just one night and everything went wrong. Everything crumbled entirely, all because of one moment. One miscommunicated moment.

Was being drunk an excuse? Did alcohol have that much affect that it blinded every emotion and thought? Evelyn didn't know - she'd never know. Not if she kept up what she'd been doing, sitting, alone, on her couch, day by day.

Leona had called, George had called, even Theo had called. While not everyone knew about what had happened, some got the idea, since neither Arthur or Evelyn had been as consistent on their social media accounts as they usually were. Even fans were noticing, the blonde getting numerous messages from concerned people across the country. For whatever reason, she couldn't bring herself to respond.

Was she okay? Was anything okay? She hated it, all of it. She was drained and exhausted. Everything hit her ten times harder than normal. Why, she asked herself over and over while she stared at her blank tv, does he have such an affect. She tried to ignore it. She tried to summon up strength to just do something, but her pride and overall self had been damaged. She'd let herself think, for just a moment, that everything would be okay. That, yes, Arthur did like her, maybe even love her, as their lips melted in place. But then, as soon as it started, it was over. Everything was over.