twenty two

THEO BAKER HAD been calmly talking to the main referee when Arthur stomped over, Evelyn watching on with a sigh of despair before hurrying after him.

"Yeah, look, do you know the other guy?" Theo asked the girl with her hair tied in a ponytail, black clothing identifying her umpiring position.

"No, I have no idea. I've been noticing his calls though, I can send him off? We've got a few hanging around just cleaning up . . . I'm sure one of them would love to take his place," the lady suggested with a shrug and a sparing glance at the linesman with the flag. Little did they know, the referee they were speaking about had caught the glares sent his way. With a furrow of his brows and audible huff, he walked over.

"Please, that would be amazing!" Theo said with a thankful smile. The woman nodded as a smile began forming across her own lips.

"Of course, it's no issue," she said with a slight tilt of her head.

"Sorry, what's going on here?" The man said as he approached the two with straightened lips. As Theo's eyes fell on him, the man couldn't determine whether he had a resting face filled with anger or if the youtuber was genuinely enraged. In reality, unbeknownst to him, Theo had one of the most polite resting expressions in all of London.

The man stuck out his hand. "Louis Bunlowe," he nodded, but Theo merely stared at him. After a few seconds, when Louis was slowly growing itchy and irritated, the fair-haired creator hesitantly shook his hand.

"Oi, mate," a voice sounded from behind the trio. Theo instantly squeezed his eyes shut as he retracted his hand and cursed. All the other players had retreated to the changing rooms inside, leaving only a few crew members, the referees, Theo, Evelyn, and evidently, Arthur.

"Hey, can you show me a little bit of respect?" Louis fumed, pointing a finger in the brunette's direction as he took a step forward. Arthur didn't show any sign of recognition as he continued walking the short distance between himself and the small group ahead of him.