seventeen

THE AIR WAS left hanging as the tour guide exited the castle, leaving the keys on the bench by the front door

THE AIR WAS left hanging as the tour guide exited the castle, leaving the keys on the bench by the front door. Arthur and Evelyn shared a sigh while the other two more experienced ghost hunters began to set up. Evelyn was handed a hand-held camera as she moved two rooms down to grab the bags, Arthur too busy placing a GoPro on one of the highest shelves in the entrance to help.

"Hey, Sam and Colby fans. It's Evelyn Bradshaw here," the blonde joked, impersonating vloggers from over a decade ago. She continued talking, lengthening out her introduction like most old youtubers happened to do, before she entered the room. Immediately, she swiveled on her feet. "and that's- nope. No, no, no, no, no thank you. What the fuck!"

She walked back into the room between the space with the bags and the space with her friends, the door hanging open as she stared back into where she was just entering. "Arthur fucking Frederick, get your ass in here right now." She held the camera tight in her hands, eyes wide as she straightened out her lips.

The man in question jogged into the room with confusion, his eyes instantly finding her own. "You okay?" He asked quickly, giving her a once-over.

"Did you open the bags?" She asked with a tilt of her head - a fear-filled movement. Arthur furrowed his brows.

"No . . . please don't tell me they're open," he mumbled as he quickly walked forward, peering his head into the room. As soon as he'd seen their duffle bags with the material zipped wide open, he turned back to look at her with his chin hanging to the floor. "Shut up! You did that."

"Me?" Evelyn laughed, placing a mock hand of shock to her chest. "Dude, do you think I'd be freaking out like this if I did it?"

He gestured for the camera as he tried to shake away his beaming grin, zooming the focus into the open bags. "Do you think there's a ghost in there?" Evelyn shoved his shoulder as she walked past him, erupting a laugh from within his once-tense self. She moved into the room and zipped the bags back up, making an effort to glare into the camera.

"Sam and Colby, if you're watching this, I may never talk to you again when I leave," she argued, the camera slightly shaking from Arthur's silent laughter in the back. "God, what did I put in this bag?"