thirty three

TWO DAYS IN Greece. That's all they had. With the rest of the group quickly flying down to join them, their time in the country flew by quicker than ever.

Fourteen out of the sixteen hours they were awake for each day were spent by the coast. Whether it be swimming, chilling on the boats, or taking a relaxing stroll down the sandy beaches, nobody could contain their inner joy. Especially George, as he watched his two friends converse near the edge of the boat during their final night.

They had all equally split the payment of hiring a yacht for their stay. To say Evelyn was overjoyed was an understatement; she'd never hired out a giant boat before. That's where the recently-acquainted group of friends stayed for majority of their short time in the tourist-adored country, relishing in the sweet, loving air. They loved it. It somehow pushed them all closer together.

Evelyn had poured herself a second drink once the clock hit six in the evening, platters of food being passed around as people continued to somersault into the ocean or dance around the deck. The blonde, however, decided it was best to take a breather. So, with a glass in her hand, she journeyed towards the edge of the boat and sat down, dangling her feet in the water. 

The light sundress covering her bikini barely grazed the rippling water as she sipped her alcoholic beverage, eyes staring out into the horizon. They didn't stay looking into the distance for much longer, as a certain brown-haired man was swimming closer beneath the surface.

He quickly grabbed onto the girl by her ankles, causing her to gasp and almost drop her drink onto the floor beside her. She quickly caught it again, a drop or two splashing onto the wooden deck around her. She sent the man a glare with a small sigh, watching him throw his head back with a loud laugh.

"I scared the shit out of you," Arthur grinned as he pointed up at her, eyes bright and alive. Evelyn couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, no shit, sherlock," she mumbled with a roll of her eyes. She moved to stand up, but Arthur reached out once more.