thirty four

EVELYN HAD ALWAYS dreamt of Milan. Visiting, working, living. Once upon a time, she'd have done anything to go. Due to this intense need to visit the Italian city, the thought of the text, his text, fled her mind entirely. It was a mere shadow of a doubt in the background of a movie she was starring in. This place was about her.

That explained why she was so exhaustingly furious when nobody seemed to want to leave their hotel room. Everyone but Evelyn and the online-based Chaos Crew had taken the first plane back home to London while the others waited at the airport a few hours longer, boarding the aircraft to travel from Greece to the beloved Milan. They were only planning to stay for the night before flying to Norway, so the blonde hoped to make the most of it. However, she didn't want to do such alone.

"Come on, guys. You serious?" She complained tiredly as she itched the back of her stockings. Everyone else was sitting on the lengthy couch in the living area, apart from Arthur who was currently going through his luggage in his room with the underlying fear that something had been taken.

Cam went to open his mouth, but Arthur Hill and George quickly jumped to cover it with their hands. Alex shot them a look of confusion.

Arthur Hill smiled up at her sweetly. "Go on, sweetie. You have fun, my dear." Evelyn furrowed her brows at the man who seemed to have quickly adopted the persona of a sixty year-old grandma.

"You lot are weird," the blonde murmured as she slung her bag over her shoulder. "Don't go calling me when you change your mind."

"Oh, we'll have so much fun," Alex absentmindedly nodded as he stared at the wide-screen television, a game of football on replay highlighting the majority of the display. George subtly whacked the back of his shoulder.

"Bye, my nocturnal creatures," Evelyn teasingly cooed before she shut the door behind her. As soon as it was completely shut, she paused, her hand lingering on the doorknob. Did she really want to leave? Her mind was telling her to go and live out her dreams, but her heart was telling her to wait. Everytime she'd ever dreamt about the beautiful city of Milan, images of her jumping with friends and exploring ancient architecture with her loved ones appeared in the forefront of her mind. She couldn't do it alone, could she?