thirty two

"HANDS UP, BITCH!"

France had proven to be a time none of the attendees would ever forget. Their rooms in the hotel were alongside one another, causing disruption in the hallway between them up to the latest hours of the night. The group absolutely destroyed the snow grounds designated for the skiers - except for Evelyn, Theo, Chris, and Arthur, who all grew or already knew how to snowboard perfectly well. George and Max, on the other hand, were the worst of the bunch. Evelyn could recall at least eight different times she'd turned around over the past three days and caught sight of them falling over one another.

On the last night of their stay in the below freezing temperatures, Evelyn had been scouring her shared room with George, Arthur Hill and Max when she found two nerf guns. With bullets. Locked and loaded. Instantly, a smirk formed across her lips as she pulled them away from the top shelf of her cupboard. She laughed.

Max was the only person in the main room when she left her own. He looked over with raised brows at the sight of her scrunched up face, jumping when she threw the gun his way.

"Shut up!" He whisper-shouted with a grin as he picked it up from where it had landed beside him. The blond looked up at the girl with wide eyes. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I sure am, number two!" Evelyn smiled. Max barked out a laugh before standing up. However, before they could silently exit the hotel room, someone from within their room opened their door. While Evelyn quickly ducked behind the kitchen counter beside her, gun at the ready, Max plastered on an innocent smile while hiding the weapon behind his back.

George furrowed his brows as he paused in his steps, looking around warily. "What were you laughing at?" He asked with narrowed eyes, watching his friend's lip twitch at the side. "And why are you acting so strange?"

"I'm not acting strange!" Max shouted in defence, mindlessly sparing a glance at the kitchen counter currently hiding the blonde. George followed his train of sight.