twenty three

THE AFTERPARTY WAS held at Chip's house, the group consisting of both football teams, close friends, and further guests all crowding together in the tube to venture back towards the heart of London. The entire carriage was overflowing with enlightening energy. Even Evelyn couldn't wait to get a drink in her so she could gather the confidence to shout and dance loudly with everyone else.

Upon arrival, a few people were already inside the man's house. Chip had recently stocked up the small bar beside the entryway, leading to most people instantly gravitating there, including the few familiar faces already being present within the lively household. Evelyn could pick them apart immediately, whether it was simply because they were popular around the English area or Arthur had mentioned them in a conversation before.

"Do you want a drink?" Arthur asked once mostly everyone had dispersed. He swung himself around the side of the bar to rummage through the alcohols.

"Yes please," she smiled, leaning over the bar on her elbows. Arthur looked up at her with a grin.

"Since you made me a drink at the last party . . . can I make you my one?" He asked with a tilt of his head. He raised up a bottle of Malibu, the white glass instantly catching the girl's eye.

"If it has Malibu in it, be my guest," she smiled. She watched him work, pouring shots into two glasses while shaking ice and other mixtures in separate containers. "Where'd you learn all this?"

"Chris taught me," he shrugged. Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"Classic," she mumbled while Arthur slid the finished drink towards her. 

"Merry Christmas," he teased. She raised her brows while studying it, lifting it up to sniff. "What? Not up to your standards?"

"No . . . just want to make sure you're not poisoning me," she reasoned with a wink before pushing herself away from the bar. "Come on, let's talk to some people."

"Well, we're talking right now, aren't we?" Arthur muttered as he quickly trailed after the girl. Music suddenly began pumping from room to room, LEDs flashing down every doorway they passed.