01 - Make a better world

"Dialog"

{Scroll}

I opened my eyes as soon as we landed, although I never had motion sickness problems in my previous life, the reality of this body is different... at least meditating with my eyes closed prevents me from vomiting in the middle of the aircraft.

As soon as I breathe the fresh air outside, I start to feel better, but I can't enjoy the moment of tranquility because an explosion catches my attention.

"This is my cue."

I ran towards the gothic girl with red streaks lying on the ground, relieved to see that I hadn't missed my introduction to the canon.

"Welcome to Beacon..." muttered the girl lying on the ground.

There she was, the protagonist of RWBY, Ruby Rose, and she is beautiful, with a unique gothic style in red and black. Her short black hair with red tips contrasts with her pale skin, highlighting her silver eyes. But despite being beautiful, I'm not interested in getting involved with her.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, extending my hand to the girl. "My name is Jaune."

Ruby Rose.

"Ruby," I replied, accepting the hand of the blond boy with blue eyes.

Jaune looked like a typical 17-year-old teenager, and despite carrying a red and blue shield on his back, he didn't seem to have the muscular mass of a trainee Hunter.

"Wait!" I exclaimed, examining him more closely. "You're the boy who was sleeping sitting on the transport, right?"

With a serious expression, he nodded his head.

"I was circulating my Aura while meditating, I need to do that whenever I travel. Otherwise, I get nauseous."

"Wow, that sounds like advanced Aura training." Maybe his fighting style is focused on his Semblance rather than his body.

"It's something I learned from some Aura theory books."

"Wow, my uncle Qrow said I was still too young for advanced Aura training like that, so I didn't even try."

"You were trained by your uncle?"

"Yes, he and my father were teachers at Signal, the preparatory school I attended."

"Hmm..." He replied, murmuring.

Why is he grumbling? Is he already bored? But how? We've been talking for less than 5 minutes.

Think, Ruby, try to talk about something interesting.

"So... I have this."

Ha! Nothing is more anti-boredom than my baby Crescent Rose.

"Wow, is that a scythe and a high-precision rifle?" Jaune said, examining my creation. "A combination for close combat and long-range fighting, an excellent mechashift weapon from what I can tell."

Yes! It worked.

"And what do you have there?" I asked, looking at the circular shield on his back.

In response, he opens his coat, revealing a simple 9 mm pistol and a knife.

"These two are common weapons, a hunting knife and a pistol, but I see you're interested in my shield."

Pulling it from his back, I get a better look at the shield. It's round, a perfect circle, painted with 2 red stripes, 1 white stripe, and in the center, it has a blue sphere with a white five-pointed star in the middle... and nothing else?