24 - Heavy Metal

<Avip: I am looking for beta readers to help me with this story.

I have noticed lately that some terms and expressions that make sense in Brazilian Portuguese are strange in English, for example:

'Little bird that eats stone knows what kind of ass it has.'>

"Dialogue"

{Scroll}

{{A.I. Dialogue}}

Even sitting in the cockpit of my new jet, the Blackbird, I need to be cautious as the open sea of Remnant is a place full of dangers.

The biggest of these dangers are the aquatic Grimms of the Leviathan class, ancient and powerful creatures that inhabit the depths. Just the sighting of one of them is enough to make a city declare a state of calamity.

These creatures are not only large in size but also in power, capable of sinking entire ships with a single blow, making unprepared armies and Huntsmen retreat fearing for their lives.

Creatures like Monstra and the Leviathan itself, which gives its name to the category, have been shown in the series as walking catastrophes with the power to destroy civilizations.

It's crucial that I remain vigilant, aware of everything happening around me. The slightest lapse in attention could be fatal in this unforgiving environment.

...

But instead, I was humming along to a badass 90s superhero cartoon theme song.

"Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Turu!"

{{We'll arrive in 30 minutes, wouldn't it be better if you stopped singing and got ready?}}

"Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Turu!"

{{You've been listening to this song on loop for 2 hours straight.}}

"Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Turu!"

{{We get it, you were a 90s kid with a TV, now shut it off.}}

"Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Tu-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru. Turu!"

{{Fuck this.}}

"Tu-. Hey!" I complain as the music was cut.

{{Okay, X-Men from the 90s is the second-best superhero series, but you can go fuck yourself with a barbed dick if you think I'm going to listen to one more second of your shitty singing!}}

After Church's rant/monologue, I could swear his hologram was panting on top of the Black Bird's panel. And while he was right, something else caught my attention.

"Who's first?"

{{What?}} He asked in an irritated and surprised tone.

"If 90s X-Men is in second place, who's first?"

The AI stared at me in disbelief, but nevertheless responded promptly.

{{Batman TAS.}} He replied in a serious and dry tone.

"Hmmm." I murmur, reflecting on the answer. "You're right."

{{Bitch please! I'm always right.}} Church grumbled, looking to the left as another holographic figure materialized beside him. {{Assume the controls, Delta, the fearless leader is about to depart.}}

{{Affirmative.}} A new Green AI responds in a neutral, robotic tone.

I got up from the pilot's chair and walked towards Church in the cargo area of the plane.