22 - Interlude [1]

<Avip: If you enjoy my work, please leave a comment or a review.>

"Dialogue"

{Scroll}

{{A.I. Dialogue}}

[Winter Schnee]

The chill of the elevator seems to intensify as it descends towards Dr. Pietro Polendina's laboratory. The journey is silent, aiding me in focusing on my thoughts that cannot escape the worries I carry.

My younger sister, Weiss, sent me a message requesting an update on the evaluation of her "partner's" inventions, which we received a few weeks ago. As the elevator glides smoothly, my mind wanders into more conjectures. Who is Jaune Arc, and how did he manage to persuade Weiss to get involved in his projects?

Weiss's voice echoes in my mind, enthusiastically explaining the achievements of the young Arc non-lethal weapons, substances capable of defeating Grimms by merely touching them, and energy generators independent of Dust with the potential to overshadow SDC operations.

The latter was inconceivable. Has my sister been seduced by empty promises without fully understanding the consequences of such declarations?

As the elevator approaches the destination, I feel the need to protect her, even if it's from invisible threats. I need to assess the situation and ensure she hasn't fallen into a dangerous game. The elevator door opens, and I stride towards the doctor's laboratory, prepared to find out whether she's been deceived or not.

The laboratory is a spectacle of engineering and innovation as I enter. A sense of curiosity mixed with apprehension permeates the environment. The doctor, an elderly man with bright eyes sitting in a chair with spider-like mechanical legs, greets me with a warm smile.

"Specialist Schnee, it's a pleasure to have you here. I would rather not take up much of your time. I know how important you are to the Atlas military."

He leads me to a structure where holograms display a strange disassembled circular object with various numbers and notes floating beside it.

"What exactly is this?" I ask, pointing to the hologram.

"This one is complex, so let's save it for last." He responds, chuckling. Everything your sister sent us has met what she had explained via text." He says, pressing some buttons on his chair.

The holograms changed, and a list formed in front of me.

{

1. Stink Ink:

Applicability [Civil and Military]: Stink Ink is a special non-lethal ammunition for deterrence operations. It consists of a highly viscous ink that, when fired, covers the target area with a foul-smelling and persistent substance. In addition to causing discomfort and repulsion, the intensity of the odor can temporarily disorient the targets, creating a tactical advantage for the military team. The bright purple color of the ink and its strong smell also make the target easier to distinguish in a crowd, aiding in search and pursuit. Not only that it marks the target for civilian targets allowing them to report said target to the authorities/and or avoid the target.

Research Priority [Low].

2. Peter Web:

Applicability [Civil and Military]: Peter Web is non-lethal ammunition for restraining and restricting movements. When fired, this device releases a strong adhesive liquid, which can form a net, wire, or blanket that ensnares the target. This ammunition is ideal for situations where capturing individuals is necessary without causing permanent damage, being especially useful in capture and detention operations.