23 - Interlude [2]

<Avip:I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I published 1 new chapter earlier than usual and I'm working with a publisher here in Brazil on my first book, the bad news at the end of the chapter...>

"Dialogue"

{Scroll}

{{A.I. Dialogue}}

[Ruby Rose]

Today I finally gathered the courage and marched to the Beacon Academy forge.

Standing in front of the furnace, using tongs in my left hand, I hold the pale green metal ingot into the fire.

[Image]

I feel a mixture of excitement and apprehension filling my chest

I feel a mixture of excitement and apprehension filling my chest. The metal is unique and extremely valuable due to its potential to easily overcome the resistance of Grimm monsters. The weight of the responsibility to forge it into a worthy blade is overwhelming and suffocating.

"I need to focus." I grumble to myself. "I won't disappoint you."

"Disappoint who?"

"KYAAAAAAAAAH!" I shriek, jumping on one foot.

Despite the scare, I didn't let go of the tongs, firmly holding the ingot of noqual.

"Blake! Don't startle me like that."

"I knocked on the door before entering and greeted you; at some point, the fault becomes yours," replies the amber-eyed Ninja.

I turned back to the furnace, grumbling about nosy teammates. As soon as I returned the ingot to the fire, Blake looked over my shoulder curiously like a cat.

"What brings you to the forge? Came to maintain your weapon?"

"Actually, I just came to talk."

I froze and turned to face my teammate in surprise.

"What?" Blake asks indignantly. "Can't I have a friendly conversation with my team leader?"

...

"Are you out of books to read?"

"...maybe?" Blake responds embarrassed.

Smiling now that the world makes sense again, I refocused on the furnace.

"I don't think I've ever seen that shade of green in metal before."

"Humpf." I huff proudly, puffing out my chest. "That's because it's extremely rare, perhaps unique in the whole world."

"Hmm. Where did you get it?"

"That's classified information. And no matter how much you ask, I'll keep that secret to the end of time."

...

"Did Jaune give it to you?"

"Blaaaaaaaakeeee..." I whine, disappointed that she figured it out so quickly.