02 - Why don't I shut up?

"Dialogue"

{Scroll}

The sound of knocks on the door wakes me up the next morning.

I was so tired yesterday that I slept in the same clothes. Not that I had any other clothes to change into, but as a result, I was really stinking on this sunny morning.

"Should I use my magic points to make clothes? If I use Aura, will I have to keep spending Aura all day to maintain them?"

My concentration is broken when I hear knocks on the door again.

As soon as I open the door, I come face to face with Glynda Goodwitch.

"Good morning, Glynda."

In response, she frowned and stared at me sternly.

Damn, what did I do? I just said, "good morning."

"Mr. Arc!" She said in a serious tone. "Although I consider you a member of professor Ozpin's inner circle, thus an addition to the secret group that protects Remnant, I would like you to treat me with the respect that every Beacon student should show to any member of the academy's faculty."

"Sorry, Gly-." A dry cough from the teacher interrupts me in time to correct my mistake. "Sorry, Professor Goodwitch."

She closes her eyes and smiles serenely, pleased with my new attitude.

"Apologies accepted, Mr. Arc." She hands me a bag full of clothes. "I need to maintain my posture as an educator in your presence. Otherwise, I might develop some behavioral addiction that could provide fuel for gossip among nosy students."

"Thank you for the clothes." That calms me down; I thought I had already made a bad impression. "And don't worry about being tough on me when disciplining me."

"I'm glad to know that you are more mature than I thought." She expresses satisfaction with my response.

"It's fine. I even like it when you yell and humiliate me in front of others."

...

"No! I meant that-"

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

"It's not that I'm into you, but it doesn't mean you're not beautiful, it's just that-. " Oh my God, why don't I shut up? "It's just that..."

Damn it, I have to stop talking before I say something weird.

"I'm a bit masochistic, you know."

WHY DON'T I SHUT UP?!

Professor Goodwitch closes her eyes, then opens them, having regained her posture as an educator.

"I have the impression that you have trouble controlling your tongue, Mr. Arc."

Ouch!

"Yes, actually, I have Attention Deficit Disorder, one of the characteristics is that I'm impulsive in my superficial thoughts."

She stares at me for a few seconds.

"I see."

And here I was thinking I would be the hero of the story who would save everyone and maybe have a harem.

"I'm sorry." I mumble, looking down.

She looks at me with an arched eyebrow, suspicious of my behavior.

"Take a shower and change your clothes before you go to initiation, Mr. Arc. You stink."

The door slams shut in my face.